“Perfect atmosphere and food ”

One 88 kitchen & bar
Ranked #11 of 37 Restaurants in Whitefield
Description: One88 Kitchen & Bar is located in Whitefield, a leafy suburb 5 miles north of Manchester city centre. We offer a casual fine dining experience. Enjoy expertly prepared brunch, lunch and dinner in our stylish, relaxed surroundings or simply sit back with friends and sip on a finely crafted cocktail.
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Been to one88 on various occasions now. 2 occasions to dine with my boyfriend and one time with my mother. Each time our food has arrived promptly even on a busy Saturday night and every meal has been cooked to perfection. A personal favourite of mine was the lamb rump or the amazing chateaubriand. Lovely cocktails and great to come for just a drink. Will be returning again soon to try more of the new summer menu. 100% recommend.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Poor service, unresponsive, still waiting for butter for the hefty bread.expensive for what we received.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

We have been a couple of times now and feel very relaxed there. Nice and clean, good food and helpful staff. They try hard to make the effort to see what customers want and have a lovely menu to suit all tastes

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

As a local in Whitefield we were excited that this place opened and we're eager to try.

Our first visit didn't disappoint at all - great service from a young lady and excellent food. No issues.

Second visit we had the in laws visiting. We ordered a bottle of wine which took 20 mins to arrive, and arrived with our starters. Having asked a man who seemed to be the floor manager where it was, his reply was 'we're busy tonight'. Food again was great.

Third visit last Saturday evening, 6 of us. Again I had my parents staying and sister and brother in law. Our table was for 830 and we were left waiting at the bar for some time. I asked the floor manager why the wait when we had a reservation, to which he rudely said 'we are busy, you can wait or go elsewhere'. Obviously not the customer service you expect. After a few words about his tone, we were seated. Starters took some time to come, and by 10.45 we only just got our main meals. Having booked a table at 8.30 we didn't expect to be waiting that long or eating that late. We weren't happy at all with how we'd been treated, and a man who appeared to the co-owner was very apologetic and deducted drinks from the bill.

It's a real shame about the customer service element as the food is great, and on our third visit it didn't disappoint again. Unsure as to whether I'd return again now.

2  Thank Emma S
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

As a local to Whitefield I can only say this place is a complete disaster.Booked in for 9pm ,just me and the wife ,1045 yes nearly 2 hours later food finally arrived .By this time we had lost the will to live having previously turned down a 10pm slot at porada as this was too late.
Food arrived which was totally average (seabass)and certainly not worth waiting 2 hours for .We only ordered 2 mains so hardly a difficult order.Plenty of disgruntled customers in same boat .
I can only assume positive feedback is from family and friends as I would not visit here even if it was free !!.Back home eating a bag of sour cream onion wheels !(best meal of the evening )

6  Thank Unhappy35