“Surprise or Shock?”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Banting
Singapore
“Surprise or Shock?”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I have a group of friends coming in from Jakarta and wanted to visit KL as well as a nearby beach. So we thought rather than the same old boring PD, there is a choice of either in Selangor or Malacca. My friends didn't realize that there is a strip of beach in Selangor except what they heard online and asked me to drive over one weekend to have a look before they booked for Sep

So drove I did and was surprised. The drive to the resort is very scenic and you will see some quaint towns and villages, all very charming and nice

At the resort, first impression was quite good. So we drove in and parked and walked around. First up, we couldn't find a lift to go upstairs. Then we went around to see the theme park and basically, it is a pool with water slides and a couple of other things. This would please anyone who has not been to Genting or the travelling amusement parks

Finally we walked out to the most impressive feature which is like a bar/ restaurant in the sea. This has a charm of its own. We sat at a table and no one came to serve us. After nearly 20 minutes, we walked to the center and asked the waitress for menus. She came and took orders and a number of the cooked snacks were not available

You can forget about replenishing your drinks. Even though there was only 2 other small tables besides ours, no one bothered to check until we want to pay the bill. Then we have to walk again to ask them and to pay

Ambience at the bar is nice

Unfortunately, we are not going to book there for our Indonesian friends as it is very poor service and maintenance. So Malacca it is!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank elfin27

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Indonesian first
melaka
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We check in on 15/7, & check out on 16/7. On 16/7 itself, during breakfast time, my daughter wanna go to toilet. So, I pass the camera & video Cam to my hubby. He just put in on a chair & totally forgot about it. So, we left the cafe without notice that the camera & camcarder still left on the chair. When inside the themepark, my hubby ask me about the bag, then only he realise that he has forgotten the bag. It was very lucky for us because the bag was handed over to the supervisor by the staff who did the cleaning. We really appreciate we manage to find the lost items especially those memoriable images chaptured inside the camera & viewcam. Thank you very much to the morib staff. What a lucky day!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank sweetginMelaka
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I'm planning to go for an off day (thats what I usually called my holiday since I hardly away from home more than 2 days!), so my friend recommend me to check on Streatdeal.com.my and there goes, I saw an interesting advertisement about this place - Gold Cost Morib. Yes, I bought a voucher to stay on Friday-Saturday, 13-14 July 2012. It was my hubby's birthday, so I bought the voucher for his birthday, thought I can surprise him with a birthday cake and present, as what advertised in the promotion.

The big day arrived - yeah. I've checked in at 4.00 pm in Gold Cost Morib, seeing a big croud, thought that this hotel must done a very good job in sales! Not bad at all. Upon checking in, I was not greeted as how the usual hotel reception always greet the guests, but its ok, they must be very busy since there's many guests arriving, it still ok for me.

Upon entering the room, yeah, seems it still quite empty, with only TV Channel 1, 2, 3, 7 & 8 available for us to enjoy and calling this a short honeymoon, we get a room with two single bed! - maybe I didn't mentioned during my booking, its my fault, its OK, again.

While waiting for the dinner, we just chit chat in our room and finally its dinner time- which I'm looking forward for a romantic dinner with my hubby. About 7.45pm, we went down and there goes the drama! The small restaurant couldn't cope up with the HUGE HUGE amount of people flooding the room, you can see many people standing beside the tables, waiting for their turn to seat, LONG LONG que at the serving area, empty food tray, non organize dishes, ice-cream barrel on the table (its ice cream OK! it suppose to be in the fridge!) and people are rushing for food (don't blame the guests, they pay to eat!) and upon seeing this, I am seriously sure that this wasn't my fault at all! You can imagine how my suppose to be romantic vacation turns to be worse vacation in a lifetime! To cover up my frustration, we decided to go to Bagan Lalang instead, and we enjoyed a better seafood there and of course, we didn't manage to claim the birthday cake and present as advertised, so basically, I just do charity for the hotel!

As for the theme park, I have no comments. We got a free entry to the theme park, but we didn't use it, due to last nite incident!

As for breakfast the next day, they decided to prepare it behind the hotel, near the beach area, just like Malay wedding ceremony! ( I believe they receive many complaints for the night before, then decided to give more space for the guests), and the food, ermmm... you elaborate yourself.

In my opinion, the hotel really earned money from the guests frustration. I can see some other family arguing with the reception, on the same matter! They definitely have made a good sales but they just can't cope with the huge amount of guests arrived.

They should have put some limitation somewhere. The ads in Groupon.com and Streetdeal.com and the hotel website itself can project income, hundred thousands, in facts millions of ringgit, but they should find solution to cater every guests thou! This kind of selfish management should be STOPPED. We are paying money to get a good service, especially when you claim your hotel as a 5 star hotel (huh! no joke ya!) so we as a guest are expecting a 5 star service as well.

Thus, I will not recommend you people to stay here unless they really want to change their management style. Hopeless!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
25 Thank jalanjalanjuly

Travellers are raving about these Banting hotels

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Checked in and they gave me a room same as another couple. Front desk called and said they will send someone up to give me a new room key.
Strike 1!

After waiting for 10 minutes, got the key card for the new room. Upon opening the toilet door, could see shoe prints on the jacuzzi (do they even clean it properly).
The icing on the cake is opening the toilet bowl lid and seeing floating human waste (imagine the horror) as the WC is not working. How can you clean up the room and not check this?
Strike 2!

Called reception regarding this but no one picked up. Went all the way downstairs to complain and the staff nonchalantly programmed another key card for another room and gave it to me without feeling any guilt or any bother to apologize. Is this the kind of crappy & lousy service you expect?
Strike 3!

I'm a paying customer for God's sake! I am not staying at this hotel for free!

Seriously, this is the first and the last time I'll be staying here!

Other guests, beware on the lousy service!

• Stayed July 2012
10 Thank JakobDylan
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 15 July 2012

It is not on a Sunway Lagoon scale resort this is a fact. Its more like a mini wet world with winding slides located in the centre of four or five blocks of encircling cement apartment towers. Rooms are big with big sized toilets too. Room jacuzzi is available but may not be properly maintained eg jets not working in my room. TV channels are only free to air and no satellite channels availablea. Beddings are ok. Location wise it is next to the beach. One night stay max I would say is enough.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank pyan ya
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banting
11.8 km away
Tune Hotel KLIA 2
Tune Hotel KLIA 2
#4 of 14 in Sepang
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,746 reviews

Been to Gold Coast Morib International Resort? Share your experiences!