“Must Visit”

Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Pantai Tengah
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: La Chocolatine is an authentic French Patisserie which serves breakfast, lunch and afternoon teas/coffees Our specialities, viennoisseries( croissant, pain au chocolat, brioche etc...) Quiches, crepes, sandwiches with our home-mede baguette are among others. We also make cakes, larges gateaux, savoury and sweet petits fours for all occasions For Christmas, we even make the famous French Christmas gateau or "Buche de Noel" (Yule log) and home-made chocolate During Epiphany period, we make "La Galette des Rois" the delicious puff pastries filled with almonds based creme..(Marzipan) At La Chocolatine, we only use quality ingredients, most of them imported together with our chef's know-how which give us our real high quality and of course authentic finish products. To conclude, we always strive to give our customers the best and the highest quality French food.
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

If you appreciate french pastry and great coffee then you must visit. Patrick will ensure you are looked after and he also appreciates your school french.

There are newer reviews for La Chocolatine

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I was tempted in to shelter from monsoon rains. Glad I did!!! Nicely set out small, French-style patisserie/bistro. Possibly run by a Frenchman? Certainly I was greeted in French by a man who came out of the kitchen, as well in as in English by an Asian waiter. The decor too had lots of reminders of France, including a map of the Paris metro.

Patisseries looked wonderful and the one I bought tasted wonderful too. Washed down with hot chocolate made from real dark chocolate which was velvety smooth. If you like patisseries I'd recommend this place. Just hope it rains tomorrow!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Visited for breakfast. The menu is simple and delicious. Abit pricey. RM 80 for 4 pax breakfast. Friendly staffs

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Having visited the island of Langkawi way too many times - I can tell you that this is a great little gem of a cafe! I have had nearly all of the sandwiches, served in fresh baguettes, but the smoked salmon with apple is my favourite! I have also tasted a number of the fresh quiches and they are great!! The fresh pastries are also a proper treat and you will be hard pushed to find better coffee on the island! The only reason this isn't a 5 star is because it is not in a great location and I wouldn't mind a bit more variety on the breakfast menu. Otherwise, I would highly recommend for a light lunch!

Reviewed 3 July 2017

I am equally surprised at all the positive reviews here. Granted, Pulau Langkawi does not have great bakery foods, but still, my whole family including kids thumb down on this bakery.

First, a little back ground -- I am from Melaka, even local good bakery can beat this Chocolatine hands down, like PatisFrance, NADEJE, Italy Bakery, Butter & Olive Pastry, etc, and at 50% of the cost!

2nd, we just traveled to Paris in May 2017, and had tried the pastries there. The quality of Cocolatine is way WORSE than those at Paris, and even after EURO dollar conversion, La Chcolatine is MORE EXPENSIVE than Paris!

For example, we tried dessert / pastries at Paris high end grocery store -- Monoprix. Their macaron cost was only €0.9 per cookie even without discount (at discount we can get €0.33 / macaron). At La Chocolatine, it sells at RM$5 or more each piece, if I remembered correctly!!

I wonder if many people got duped by the french decoration, as well as the only-french speaking owner that they feel "high-class" in this tiny store.

We tried 5 different desserts here at the store at 3pm during a weekday, and we like NONE of the choices. Worse than Melaka, Much Worse than Paris. Just imagine, even a grocery store in Paris beat this La Chocolatine Hands Down.

Frankly, both my wife and kids have NEVER been this disappointed by a store, esp given the rave reviews here.

To the owner's credit, he did give a small pack of cookie gift to my kids at the end of our visit. But we would have preferred to spend our RM60+ bills somewhere for 5 pieces of crap.

Over Rated, Over Price, Overly Disappointing.

1  Thank sftong