Hotel Royal - Evian Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$132
  • Restaurant
Savoy Hotel Evian(Evian-les-Bains)
US$114
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel de France(Evian-les-Bains)(Great Value!)
US$85
Hotel Le Littoral(Evian-les-Bains)
US$113
  • Bar/Lounge
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewskids clubsister hotelgeneva lakebeautiful parka lovely staystunning hotelspent a long weekendbeyond expectationslittle detailsleisure facilitiesswiss cityfamily roomthe room service menuchecking inexcellent qualitya lake view roomstar hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Im currently mid-stay at the Hotel Royal at the Evian Resort. Funny story about this is that I booked on a whim. I had originally booked a vacation rental nearby and decided to come to the hotel to just hang out and have a snack before checking in to the rental. I was so impressed with the place that I didn’t leave. Right there on the spot I booked a room. Now, I’ve stayed in some nice hotels. Some are stuffy and some are fancy and some are just downright snooty. Not this place. I’m continuously surprised how everyone here knows my name. I mean, do they train staff on the guests and make them know each of their names? The best part is that I’ve given them all these random requests thinking they’ll forget or they will mess it up. But they never do. This place is just sumptuous in every manner. I would literally live in this hotel that’s how much I love it.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank trav3715
Evianresort, Community Manager at Hotel Royal - Evian Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear trav3715,

Thank you for this exquisite feedback about your stay with us at the Hotel Royal.
We are delighted to see that everything went well and that our staff was very helpful to you during your stay. Please note that your comment will be forwarded to the whole team.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again,

Kind Regards,

Mallaury,
Community Manager.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

The moment you arrive, you will be inspired by the vast, manicured grounds that surround the hotel. Step inside, and you are transported back in time to when Belle Epoque grand hotels ruled the world. The room we were allocated was marvellous in every respect, and the hotel oozes atmosphere in the lounges and restaurants. As for the location on the shores of Lake Geneva...oh my word! The staff were fabulous, and we were especially impressed with Antoine who was extremely attentive and caring. A lovely guy. We will return, and we will stay longer next time around. It is a hotel that demands your attention. Do yourself a favour and stay here for 3 nights, and enjoy everything that the Hotel Royal has to offer. You will not regret it!

Room Tip: Views of Lake Geneva would be great. But even the park view rooms are superb.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VicNicholas
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel
Nice location
Nice view
Very quiet, nothing fancy
However, I’ve been surprised, for one of the top worldwide hotel, no kettle or coffee machine in room.
No cleaning in common area (mud stayed in the stairs for a full week !)

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank thecupidon
Evianresort, Community Manager at Hotel Royal - Evian Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your feedback about your stay at the Hotel Royal.

Considering your comment about the kettle / coffee machine in the room it is true that we do not have some in every room of the hotel.
Regarding the mud in the stairs our valet and housekeeping teams are very watchful and always do their best to keep the common areas tidy. However, we would like to thank you for this feedback and we will now be even more watchful in our common areas.

Kind Regards,

Mallaury.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

As usual: people, service, food and facilities are a real delight!
Attention to details is there at every step. The staff is always friendly and professional.

An amazing place to chill, relax and let yourself go...

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael T
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed 6 nights in a Park Suite with my children in October and we were very pleased with our holidays.
My children took some tennis lessons and swimming lessons and enjoyed greatly the activities of the kids club. The kids club is very clean and organised and the lunches served to the children are nutritious and balanced. It's definitely a huge plus for a family.
The Royal has been refurbished and the result is a success. It's glamorous and modern and the grounds are wonderful.
The staff is lovely and the breakfast was healthy and diverse.
It was a quiet saison so the spa was not operating at its full speed, nevertheless I enjoyed a few original treatments-albeit some of the practices are a bit dated.
It was a lovely stay but sadly it's missing the je-ne-sais-quoi to this hotel. I believe they are not far of to become a real Palace but today they cannot deal/accommodate a demanding/well-traveled/international clientele. They are perfect for Swiss/golfers retirees.
Few examples; they wouldn't accommodate the room service menu in the bar (despite being empty every afternoon) meaning my children had to have their tea in the room because the main restaurant wouldn't take them at 6.30pm.
One morning the tennis course couldn't happen because of a team building session for a corporate group. Instead of offering me some suggestions and help to organise an alternative, they let me deal with the tennis teacher myself and I had to arrange my own taxi (the inconvenience was coming from the Hotel!).
We stayed 6 nights and the hotel was empty and it was our first stay and none of the management team came to introduce themselves...I found that a bit cavalier.
Generally speaking, the staff is ageing and they need a good shake up if they want to live up to their new Palace distinction.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family