“Best Korma I n SA”

Delhi Dharbar
Ranked #28 of 60 Restaurants in Bryanston
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

I go to Delhi Dharbar at least once a week, just for their Lamb Korma. It is by far the best i have had in Johannesburg...
And i never get disappointed!
❤️

Reviewed 19 March 2016

Been to DD quite a few times now - nice casual and convenient restaurant - does a really busy takeaway trade but also good to eat in the restaurant - some of the best Indian food i have had at very reasonable prices - and you can take your favourite wine with you

Reviewed 15 December 2015

I have to begin this review with the fact that I am not a huge Indian food fan and battle with really hot foods, but I wanted to try to get out of my comfort zone. As I walked into this unusual little spot last night, I noticed the legendary Sachin Tendulkar's graffiti (on their wall) praising their food, next to a gorgeous mosaic of the white marble Taj Mahal in India.

Delhi Dharbar is one of those really locally Northern Indian Tandoori establishments and I watched a constant stream of people in and out collecting takeaways or opting to sit outside on the pretty balcony with its colourful fairy lights. It is a testament to itself that this little spot is as busy as it was last night, to the point where I thought that they might have been a little under-staffed. Our waiter's English was probably not his first (or second language), but he always had a smile on his face and one could see that he was eager to please which counts for a lot. If you are wanting to eat in, I would recommend allowing yourself some time as everything is prepared fresh and from scratch, but this is something that I really prefer!

As I ordered my glass of wine from his hand-written wine menu, I couldn't help but feel impressed with this little spot! My wine arrived in a very generous portion, presented in what looked like a little milk jug! I then selected a few dishes including their incredible garlic Naan bread (the best that I have ever eaten) and Lamb Gyoza which was delectable. I am a firm, fast fan of this little spot now and as of yesterday this is my local go-to spot for Indian.

*Recommendation: If you want great authentic Indian food in generous portions at great prices (and don't mind the wait), then this spot is for you!

Reviewed 23 August 2015

Not the best Curry I've ever had unfortunately. Not cheap either. However, service was good, small intimate restaurant and probably good for a business meeting.

1  Thank Julie W
Reviewed 20 August 2015

Good value and friendly service. Food quality is average but then I have struggled to find any superior Indian restaurants in or around Johannesburg. I visit family in Bryanston regularly and the Delhi Dharbar at Hobart Grove is a convenient and reliable venue for a casual eat out.