“Stunning Accommodation”
other travellers have booked this property
Lounge
Ensuite to twin bedroom 1
Twin Bedroom 2
Wetroom
Rear view
Foxgloves on the coastal path
Sunset at Marloes
Lunchtime at Druidstone!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

spiketheb...
England
“Stunning Accommodation”
Reviewed 23 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

We were absolutely thrilled with the quality of this property. It is finished to a high standard and the configuration of the space is excellent. Barbara was very helpful and made us feel very welcome.

The coast is within walking distance if you're keen and it is a lovely stretch of the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path.

We certainly intend to return next year

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: All ensuite bedrooms
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
25 Apr 2016
Christine, thank you so much for your lovely comments, I am so glad we managed to get a DVD that worked so you could all chill out and watch your films- hope you decide to return and walk more more of the West Pembrokeshire coast path in the future - Barbara
Sarah Q
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“the WOW factor”
Reviewed 7 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

We have just returned from a very relaxing short break at The Old Cowshed and I'm already checking out availability for later this year. We were all so impressed with the amount of space, comfort and attention to detail - we have never stayed in such wonderful self-catering accommodation - everything you could possibly need is provided and more. This place certainly has the WOW factor !

Travelling group: Teenagers
7 Apr 2016
Thank you Sarah, hope you found some nice walks in the end, weather was not as good as it could have been for you but we like to think Pembrokeshire has something to offer whatever the weather. Will look forward to seeing you again.
Chester B
“Ms”
Reviewed 1 March 2016 for a stay in December 2015

West Wales is my passion and I am a regular visitor so I shall not go on about the marvellous scenery and wonderful beaches - as you can find out about that yourself (but you probably know all about Pembrokeshire's secret treasures - if you don't, you best come and find out)!

A major priority in my choice of holiday home is style and comfort. I cannot abide cottages with 'rag and stick' furniture and where no thought to those extra touches has been given, so I couldn't believe that The Old Cowshed not only lived up to my expectations but exceeded them.

Barbara has obviously put a lot of thought, effort and time into the design of the cottage and the finishing touches. It is like home-from-home to me (and better). I loved it. I am hard to impress but I was very impressed.

I normally drag every conceivable thing with me on holiday as a lot of cottages are quite "mean". Didn't need my throws (or many other things). Everything was there!

The fact that this cottage is all en-suite x all 3 bedrooms is a big drawcard - towels laid on - so tired of dragging a huge bag of towels from home with me normally! Barbara goes the extra mile with the necessary everyday items she supplies around the cottage too.

The cottage is made for grown-ups - it is so stylish and has a WOW factor. I don't really want to tell anyone else about it, I like it so much. I want to keep it for myself. However, I can't wait to take my sister-law there tomorrow. I know already she will adore it.

Other reviews will have given detailed descriptions about the cottage (all glowing)lll. I just want to say it was also great for my two well-behaved Labradors and my husband. He spent all his time on the beautiful kitchen/diner. With his own TV and his own sofa.

We loved the boot-room!

The fact that there are numerous sofas scattered around the house (and good quality ones at that) were a huge attraction for me. I love lying out full and 3 people can lie out full in the lounge. I've been in too many holiday homes where the sofas are old and small and I might as well have stayed at home where I'd be more comfortable, so to find 7 sofas in this cottage was a delight for me.

Loved the fire! Loved everything. I couldn't wait to book again.

Looking forward to a sophisticated break at 'an Old Cowshed' starting tomorrow with two sophisticated ladies of London (who work in the high end retail market with the wealthy), who, I can guarantee are going to be impressed with the cottage.

I give this cottage The Gold Standard. I have stayed in so many holiday cottages but have only once been this impressed. Please keep this not so little precious gem to yourselves. Sssssshhh!

2 Mar 2016
Totally overwhelmed by this review- Thank you so much. We do work hard to keep the standard high and as we now live in on site, we have further plans to keep improving The Old Cowshed so guests are ensured a quality holiday experience in Pembrokeshire.
Portsmout...
Portsmouth
“Excellent and relaxing long weekend in a great cottage”
Reviewed 11 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

Having already booked this property for a week in August, an opportunity arose to take a long weekend break. A decision to visit our summer holiday choice was made. Myself, my wife, two daughters and granddaughter (9) plus a border collie, had a minor reservation, 'what if we don't like it'. We needn't have worried though, the property is ideal for us, 3 bedrooms, all with ensuite, a boot room with attached wet room (just what was needed to wash the mud off an inquisitive and active dog after a walk in the mud and rain along the coastal path). More sofas than any other property we have stayed in, scattered around the Kitchen, sitting room and balcony, a well equipped and large Kitchen/Dining room. Underfloor heating and the log burner (Just the thing for a cosy evening in with some games and DVDs away from the winter weather)
We arrived to bottle of prosecco and a box of chocolates waiting for us (Thank you Barbara and Hugh, they were much appreciated)
The property has wifi (if you cant do without being connected). Mobile phone signal is poor indoors (no bad thing), my wife was able to get a signal, by the back door to the boot room, this was useful to direct our daughters following behind after work, there is however a landline for use. (Honesty box rules apply).
The garden was enclosed, so safe for children and dogs, our granddaughter enjoyed seeing the horses in the adjacent paddock.
While there we explored areas in preparation for our Summer visit, Monks Haven a good 2 mile circuit for a walk taking in a small beach and the coastal path. St Brides, Dale and Marloes, but the wind, rain and a high tide reduced the time spent there. On Sunday we visited one of our favourite beaches in the area, Newgale. With the tide out this gave a very good walk for both us and the dog prior to heading to Little Haven for Sunday Lunch and then heading home to Portsmouth. An excellent long weekend away, returning home relaxed, happy and very much looking forward to our return in August, where the weather will be more favourable and when we can enjoy those beaches visited this weekend in .warmer and hopefully drier weather.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cosy, comfortable, welcoming, need I say more.
Liked least: Coming home
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
16 Feb 2016
Thank You so much for all your kind comments, they are much appreciated - such a shame it was so wet and windy- hopefully when you return in August, it will be blue skies and the sun shining!
Janine P
“Lovely" ”
Reviewed 13 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016

What a beautiful house , had a lovely relaxing break here with my partner , light the fire every night , had lovely walks on marloes beach, perfect for dogs too. Tips... Google maps is a must ! And do a big shop before you get there as only small londis there , and plenty of DVDs for lazy days, Barbara the owner is lovely if you need anything very help full and they just leave you to it , can't wait to go back ,

14 Jan 2016
Hi Jannine and Keith
Thank you so much for writing such a good review. It was lovely meeting you and I do hope you bith return in the future.
Kind regards
Barbara
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing