“Good food with reasonable service”
Review of Elpis

Elpis
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Plaka
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2017

This is a very good restaurant with reasonable service. A good selection of local dishes to choose from, but as it is the best rated restaurant it does get very busy whichi can mean sitting on a table in/ by the road. It has a bakery attached to ity, so the bread is very good...

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Fantastic, generous hospitality...they really look after you. We stayed around the corner and tried various restaurants in Plaka and Amyrida and Elpis was the best in term of food and value for money. Highly recommended. They bring you a round of free drinks as standard after every meal!

P.s - the only other good restaurant we found in the area is Psaros, in Almyrida but that place is more expensive than Elpis.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I've eaten here a few times and what always stands out apart from the quality of the food is the wonderful service from Mulee and her family.
I needed to visit the ATM that's quite close to Elpis and on seeing me Mulee beckoned me over and asked me to have a drink with her. That's it. Spotted me. Fancied a chat and we shared a drink. On the house of course.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Food was average and the prices were higher than nearby restaurants. Chairs covers were dirty. Toilets were clean.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We ordered Octopus to share for appetiser which was a meal in itself. We followed this with Moussaka and the Mezze for mains. Boy had we seriously underestimated the portion sizes! We swapped mains at half time as we do frequently and can only say that the quality was only surpassed by the quantity.

We accompanied the meal with a half carafe of the house red which was very quaffable. I had an Ouzo and lemonade as an aperitif.

As we sat enjoying the 'buzz' of the square and allowing the meal to subside, the waiter came with a complimentary half carafe of red wine and said "for you sir an Ouzo and lemonade". We stayed an extra 40 minutes in an attempt to do the complimentary offerings justice and at least show gratitude for the hospitality on offer.

With a small amount of wine remaining I felt able to request the bill. To boot this was accompanied by a plate of Greek yoghurt and honey with beautifully arranged fruit and two small bottles of Raki.

Needless to say we did our best but failed miserably and I have a big appetite!

The bill was ridiculously small.

Don't miss this restaurant off your list.

1  Thank Xante