“Super service and food”
Review of The Riverbank - CLOSED

The Riverbank
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Riverbank hotel, bistro and bar in Truro is a little local gem that newcomers to town will be delighted to discover. Tucked away just behind the cathedral on the riverbank in the centre of town, only ten minutes from the train station, this lively restaurant is a colourful and sunny place to enjoy a meal with colleagues, friends or family, and the personalised service and hearty British menu are impressive. The walls here are adorned with a rotation of local art exhibits, and the stylish setting coupled with the convenient location have made the Riverbank a much talked about Truro dining destination. The menu at the Riverbank restaurant offers everything from Sunday roasts and burgers to salads, pasta and delicious puddings.
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We came here on the off chance while staying in Truro. As a coeliac eating out can be a challenge, but the waiter and chef were incredibly helpful and knoweldgeable (and said they could have, give notice, have prepared more for me). We all enjoyed the food and dessert and the restaurant had a warm ambiance which we enjoyed. We would certainly have no reservation visitng again.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

Attended the riverbank for Sunday lunch. Had been before & it was lovely.
1st thing ordered drinks, my partner ordered a larger the person serving said it had just ran out would he mind waiting. 20 mins later still no larger. Partner orders a different brand. Ordered roast turkey & beef at £12 each very expensive for a roast. The roast consisted of 3 tiny roast potatoes 1 slice of meat each. A piece of stuffing as big as my thumb nail & a small serving of roasted veg. We both left hungry.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

Went in and asked for a coffee and was refused. Stroppy staff who I think mixed up licensing laws and coffee or just couldn't be faffed. Go next door to the Lemon Tree and it's "chalk and cheese" in terms of the difference.

1  Thank BreakfastBandit
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I've been here a few times now for work dos, out with mates and meals with family. When I've been it's never been that busy and I can't work out why?! Maybe I just go at random times. Either way they have a great selection of good wines and decent beers. What has made me write this on here though is the food. It's got to be the best roast I've had out in a very long time. Roasts are never as good as when you cook it yourself but it was fantastic here. It's really nice inside the place, comfy sofas a real fire and a nice restaurant area. If you haven't been here since the old Barley days you've got to give it a try. I reckon if you like nice wine and a good roast in smart surroundings you'll like it, a lot. In fact I can't wait til payday!

Reviewed 20 September 2012

Delightful riverside setting near cathedral where we were able to sit outside by the river & enjoyed a tasty seafood lunch.
Great selection of wines, nice friendly but chilled & unhurried service

1  Thank Patti L