“Hidden Treasure”
Review of Yue Restaurant

Yue Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 189 Restaurants in Truro
Reviewed 12 July 2015

We were looking for a pre theatre dinner and, as good ethnic food in the far west is as rare as hen's teeth, the good reviews here were encouraging. What a delight! Friendly welcoming service and delicious food! If you like chinese food you must come here! We needed a quick meal pre theatre so had a couple of starters ( delicious salt and chilli dishes) a main (beef in black bean sauce with green peppers and chilli), egg fried rice and stir fried pak choi. If we had more time we may have moved away from our familiar choices, but what we had was perfect. There is also a set price menu from 5 - 7 pm for early diners. Highly recommended

Reviewed 11 July 2015

We found ourselves outside Yue Chinese restaurant not intending to eat there but boy what a meal. They do an early bird 3 course meal for £8.95 between 5 & 7 starter main and coffee or ice cream. My partner chose the ribs, beef and black bean with egg fried rice and chocolate ice cream all washed down with a very good Chilean Sav Blanc. I had the vegetarian spring rolls, chicken and pineapple and egg fried rice with vanilla ice cream. The sauce on the chicken was so light and fresh with lots of ginger but not overpowering, the waitress was lovely and an excellent host the ambiance was sharp and up to date our bill was£31 which represented good value for money. Definitely a restaurant to visit when you are in Truro .

Reviewed 10 July 2015

If you are seeking authentic Chinese food then look no further. This small friendly restaurant is a hidden gem. The service was excellent and the food the best that I have experienced outside London. The mixed seafood and crispy chilli beef are particularly recommended. Having lived in the Far East for many years I find it rare to come across real Chinese dishes in British restaurants. My Chinese wife and I will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 10 July 2015 via mobile

My first visit with a group of 26. A real delight. Service excellent. Food lovely. Good pre ordered and whole group served in 5 minutes for both courses. Prices reasonable. Very good value. A real Gem. Will definitely come again.

Reviewed 8 July 2015

This place a real find! Found it accidentally when working around in the rain and were cold and hungry. It was quiet that night but the service we received was first class and friendly. Everything we asked about was explained as I have a seafood allergy and everything I could not have was replaced by a suggestion of something else. All was freshly cooked and extremely tasty. Even had locally caught fish on the menu. Very impressed! Glad we found it.will definitely go back

1  Thank Belly67