US$107
TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
All reviewsthe pubchurch bellsrooms are beautifullooked deliciousincluded in the room ratewheelchair boundwooden beamsmother's dayroast beefchildren's portionsbusiness or pleasuresunday morninghigh streetgreat settingfront of housean overnight staytempura batter
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Just went to the Wellington for a lunch. Food was OK, had the meat sharing platter and tempura prawns, but nothing to write home about or recommend. The main problem was that the kitchen was incredibly slow. Our meal took at least 30 minutes to arrive, probably more like 45 minutes. The place was not very busy and all the kitchen had to do was slice (or unwrap) some meat, fry some prawns and dress the plates. A couple ordered the stacked burger and a fish finger bap and that took around 45 minutes to 1 hour. The menu wasn't that inspiring either compared to when we went before.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2016

Just a hint - if you donate a raffle prize to the village festival of a " meal for two" best not to - initially say it is not valid; then say you will only allow two mains; then agree to add starters but no pud
; then charge £12 for a glass of rose ( come on!), then hand out a bill for everything, then take off the food as above BUT leave the service charge against the whole amount. Why would you treat folk like that? Certainly not to build your reputation. Oh and the chef may need some instruction on tempura batter... Thats all folks. Not sure we will be seeing you soon....

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2016

Perhaps change is in the air, or there are off days every so often. But after an interval a family return for lunch didn't inspire. It could be the quantity which could be more, or quality e.g. gristle on sirloin slices. The vegetables came in two dishes for our four not as hot as could be? The atmosphere and setting as good as before, agree with others now a bit prices for drinks e.g. £5 for a 125ml red wine. For four persons expect a three figure bill.

Room Tip: Didn't stay
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Ate here this week as a romantic meal with my wife. We often go here and usually like it. But things have changed - new owner??? new chef????? My wife had the vegetarian special (ratatouille cake with aubergine) and I went for the chickpea and spinach curry - neither really impressed and my wife's was very salty. What really let it down was the poor slow service, normally it's very good with a great front of house, but not this time. We were hoping to order a desert, but we weren't served so I just asked for the bill after being left unattended for so long.

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 2 July 2016

We went for breakfast today as it was my husbands birthday.
We were ignored by the two men at the door as we walked in, they carried on their conversation (they did work there) we were then seated by a waitress.
My husbands scrambled eggs and bacon were fine but I had ordered Eggs Royal it came swimming in what was supposed to be holandaes sauce and was more like coloured water. I complained and was offered a replacement, which I accepted. When it arrived it was no better. They did however give it to me for free.
I also visited the ladies which left a lot to be desired very shabby.
On the plus side the waitress was charming and very good at her job and the coffee was good.
Oh and while we were there another customer complained his sausages were not cooked.
Sorry Wellington we won't be back.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family