Wellington at Welwyn
US$129
Brocket Hall(Welwyn Garden City)
US$174
Orbitz.com
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel(Welwyn Garden City)
US$157
US$152
Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City Hotel(Welwyn Garden City)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$73
Travelocity
US$57
Agoda.com
All reviewsslipper baththe pubchurch bellsrooms are beautifullooked deliciousincluded in the room rateroast beefwheelchair boundmother's daychildren's portionsbusiness or pleasuresunday morninggreat settingfront of housefull englishan overnight staybed was very comfortable
Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

Great location,friendly staff and a beautiful room.
Arrived down to breakfast at 730 to be told that there was a problem in the kitchen and that nothing was working!
I was told I could have toast or a continental !
I could hear staff talking in the kitchen and it seems nothing was prepared,so that was why there was no breakfast!
Really disappointed as £95 for bed , tea and toast seems a little steep!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2016

Not being a native to Welwyn Garden City I have only visited this venue twice. The first time it was a dusty old pub with mismatched furniture and dirty windows. My second visit, on the other hand, was a huge improvement I’m happy to say. It’s now a charming village pub with exquisite interior design, a mouthwatering menu and the most finely-tuned service I’ve experienced in a long while.

Unfortunately I was only able to spend an hour or so for lunch one Saturday so I just had a light snack from the clipboard menu. During my time here I noticed more and more people flocking in for a tasty bite to eat, making the most of the sunshine. I also hear it’s a popular choice for a drink whilst weddings are due to start in the church opposite – what a fantastic idea!

I’m hoping to return again the next time I’m in the area and I’m looking forward to having a more substantial meal over a longer period of time.

Can’t wait!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2016

The the Wellingon for a 'quick' lunch with my wife before shopping at M&S at London Colney.Warm welcome which was maintained throuhghout our visit without becoming over-bearing.

My calves liver and bacon was excellent, a big helping and a nice touch of pink in the liver. I would certainly have that choice again. Note, the Rusty Gun and the Wellinton are in the same group and their liver & bacon is almost a siignature dish. My wife had an open sandwich, avocado and chicken, which was very good. The chips were ok but just routine.

Room Tip: The Wellington is a restaurant and not a hotel. The website is screwed up
Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Been a regular at this restaurant for years and today I've gotta be honest, I was very let down.

Had to ask for a drink at the bar, had to ask for a table, dinner was warm but we was starving and just ate it quickly... Not one person asked if we wanted another drink, I was desperate for a glass of red with my cold beef! not one person asked if we enjoyed our meal...

The waiting staff were too interested in banter and plumping up cushions! To top it off you had the cheek to add a service charge which I had asked to be removed.

This establishment was always buzzing and very busy and today it was dead... What a shame.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

We are regulars at the Wellington and generally always enjoy the restaurant. The menu is very varied and comprehensive with daily specials. The waiting staff are mostly young people and very friendly and efficient. We went there recently for a late lunch at about 4pm. We had the Wellington burger and fish and chips - very good! They also have an excellent selection of wines available by the glass as well as by the bottle.
The wellington is open all day so you can pop in anytime for just a coffee or pint/glass of wine.
The only take bookings for parties of 6 or more so I suggest you arrive early to get a table a sometimes there's a wait for a table.
No parking problems as they've got a car park plus you ca park in the road free for 90 minutes.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends