Wellington at Welwyn
The White Hart Hotel(Welwyn)(Great Value!)
US$134
Great 4.5/5
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel(Welwyn Garden City)
US$164
US$158
Great 4.5/5
Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City Hotel(Welwyn Garden City)(Great Value!)
US$77
PremierInn.com
US$90
US$73
The Roebuck Inn(Stevenage)
US$76
Average 3/5
Premier Inn Hatfield Hotel(Hatfield)(Great Value!)
US$72
PremierInn.com
US$62
US$53
Good 3.5/5
US$58
Travelodge
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsslipper baththe pubchurch bellsrooms are beautifullooked deliciousincluded in the room rateroast beefwheelchair boundmother's daychildren's portionsbusiness or pleasuresunday morninggreat settingfront of housefull englishan overnight staybed was very comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2017

We didn't stay but 'fell' across this restaurant looking for food off the A1. It was busy for a Thursday lunchtime. Lunchtime special 2 courses for £12.95. Good service, good menu, generous portions, well cooked and presented fresh food. . All the food coming out of the open kitchen looked delicious and fresh.My only criticism is that my steak and mushroom pie lacked taste - it needed more seasoning. Would recommend for lunch and I can imagine there is a nice buzz about the place in an evening and in the winter with open fires.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2017

As a family we have been coming here for a very long time - we always loved it for a lovely meal and good atmosphere!

For my sister in-laws birthday we dined on Saturday night. The restaurant was half empty when we seated at 8 and after waiting 35 minutes for our starters I had to pull someone! The food was mediocre, shame because the food use to be fantastic. In total, it took us 3 hours to have dinner due to the poor service. We sat waiting for the table to be cleared, then sat waiting for our mains, sat again waiting for the table to be cleared. We ordered sides that never came (and were then charged for!!), ordered a pudding with mint choc chip ice cream that arrived with vanilla .... it all just seemed a bit of a shambles. When the bill came I had to remove items we were charged for but never got - and the £25 service charge they added!!! Cheek. We had a young girl take over shift part way through our meal who through no fault of her own, hadn't got a clue. She hadn't been trained at all or shown how to do anything, she was extremely nervous and couldn't help us with anything that we asked. We gave her a large order for mains and sides, and she asked us to stop because she couldn't handle the order! Its a shame as it used to be a great place to have a great meal - we wont be returning!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Bath in middle room, romantic for some but I prefer stand alone shower. Guess personal taste but room not for me. Dining disappointing and was biggest issue. Food was very disappointing. Expected more, ended up buying sandwich at Tesco express across road.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank LondonSydney2020
Reviewed 29 April 2017

I asked my friend where she'd like her birthday lunch to be my treat and she chose the Wellington as I use this quite often good choice I thought !!!!!
We were seated and then after 20mins of waiting I grabbed the waiter the resturant was only half full on a Friday lunchtime so not busy
We ordered our drinks and starters a seafood chowder with cheese scones so looking forward to it
The wine arrived tepid in temp we waited another 30 mins before our little jug of chowder arrived with one tiny scone the plate looked pretty with one shrimp one asparagus spear and half a lemon no spoons on the table so ended up going to the till and getting our own spoons
The chowder was so salty and the tiny scone was stale we couldn't bite into it
We then waited another long wait before anyone came near us for me to ask for the lady in charge she was apologetic and then walked off we thought we would perhaps order something else as it was my friends birthday treat but after another 20 mins with no one coming near us we asked or the bill
We were not charged for our starters as we shouldn't have been but I haven't had such poor service in years I we were do upset
We ended up going to another pub to finish off our lunch

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank suedance2016
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Truthfully, we finished up eating here, because it was the only restaurant that had room for us in Welwyn, as it was a last minute decision to meet friends from London & everywhere else was busy.
We had read some of the poor reviews & were therefore not expecting much.
However, to our surprise, we had an excellent meal. Yes, the staff were young & inexperienced but they tried their best for us & did well. The acting manager was most efficient & friendly. Some of us ate a delicious trout dish & my husband had the calves liver. It was all piping hot, nicely presented & good value. The rhubarb crumble was also very good.
It's, a lovely old building, well restored, with a good embience.
We would certainly return without any qualms again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends