“Going downhill...”

The Friary
Ranked #45 of 75 Restaurants in Carrickfergus
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Chips ok, fish excellent. Unfortunately some (not all) of the staff are mouth-breathers; making snide remarks and sniggering behind customers' backs is really not on. Management need to get a grip.

1  Thank FaughenBestid

Reviewed 17 January 2018

I don't understand how the quality of the food can be so hit and miss. The first time I went it was really good, the 2nd time it was terrible in fact it was so bad we were unable to eat the chips and took them back whereas normally they would have gone in the bin, decided to try it again and it was just ok, ended up back again as it was the only takeaway open on a Sunday and it was lovely. Unfortunately it is so inconsistent we avoid it now which is a real shame because it has one of the best selection of gluten free options of any of the chip shops in Carrickfergus but the waiting time for gluten free food is ridiculous.

2  Thank MissPollysShoes
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Absolutely gorgeous chippy definitely 1 of the best the chicken fillet burgers are the best in Carrick

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

This place is so hit and miss it's crazy. Ordered via their app at 16:55 for collection at 17:35 and they didn't have the order ready so i had to wait for 20 minutes for my order to be made on top of the time from when I placed my order to give them warning of my arrival time. I can only assume they forgot my order, they didn't admit that to me! 9/10 times despite asking if you want salt and vinegar they will forget to put it on. Man Carrickfergus sucks for places to eat! The food here is fine but the hassle and mistakes just make it not worth eating here any longer. Getting fish and chips shouldn't be that difficult but for these guys it is. ALWAYS expect a long wait for food? Management really need to get a grip on the issues in this place.

2  Thank CobraKai82
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

I find the place very hit and miss, and slow. First few times it was great for fish and chips but recently very average, plus seems slow. Think we wiĺl give it a miss for a while

3  Thank Mrlucky09