“Fantastic Holtel worth a stay”

Portrush Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Portrush
Reviewed 7 November 2017

From the moment we arrived the staff couldn't do enough for us Reception staff were excellent explained everything very clearly and nothing was too much trouble. The Breakfast was great had a full range. The bar was large and the staff were really nice. The rooms were lovely huge and a bath! After a long day of sight seeing walking etc a nice soak in the tub was required and it was great to have the option. The price for a twin room with 2 double beds was worth every penny

Room Tip: Ask for Sea View
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Natasha G, General Manager at Portrush Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Hello Donna G
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a good review, I am happy you had such a good stay and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards Natasha

Write a ReviewReviews (1,064)

Reviewed 4 November 2017

I like this hotel and have stayed here regularly once or twice a year, but this is the first time since it changed name. It is well situated and the rooms are spacious, but the food was a little disappointing.
Breakfast - I love the breakfast here and like to end with coffee and a pain au chocolat but there were no pastries at all for the first two days. Staff shrugged and said they had run out. On the last day, there were croissants but no pain au chocolat. I found some nutella to add to the croissant. I'm amazed that a large hotel, in half term week, can't produce croissants etc from their freezer. Also they aren't very good at replacing food eg on day one there was very very little grapefruit. On day two, there was none. I drew the server's attention to it but 15 minutes later nothing had been done. It was tinned so can't have been complicated.
Evening meal: I found the winter menu a little limiting though I did enjoy the meals I had. There was an odd looking beef curry and a similar fish dish. I avoided them! No steak offered (except on Fridays!) The choice used to be more extensive.
Cleanliness - the tables needed a good scrub. One evening, I asked that the table be cleaned as it was very sticky. The waitress gave it a quick wipe with a cloth. I then took a serviette and some of the drinking water to have another go. I couldn't remove the encrusted grease as I needed something stronger, but I did manage to turn the serviette black.
Despite that, I did enjoy my stay but my friend, who was there for the first time, was less enthusiatic, especially about the food.

Room Tip: Go to breakfast early before they start running out of things!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Natasha G, General Manager at Portrush Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Hello Liz C, I am sorry you had some issues with our food, I will be taking these up with our Head Chef. Some of the tables in the restaurant are in the process of being stripped and re-surfaced, I am sorry but it sounds as if one of the ones that should be with maintenance is still in the restaurant, I will get this checked and sorted out immediately. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future Kind Regards Natasha

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the Portrush Atlantic on Thursday 26th and Friday 27th Oct 2017. It really wasn’t too bad at all. The hotel isn’t pretentious. It’s clean and tidy and is close to Ramore head.
The positives include the location, cleanliness, competitive pricing and the very good cooked breakfast.
Now the negatives, we stayed in room 312 and discovered the shower was really poor and would only deliver a very poor jet of water (no spray pattern). We reported this to reception and were told that the facilities manager would be informed. They may not have been informed as the shower remained defective and no explanation was provided. Another little negative was that the bar was shut tight around 11:45 on Friday night.
I will return (given all the positives) but the experience could have been a little better.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello S G, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay however I am sorry you had issues with the shower in your room, I will look into this with my Maintenance manager. As to the bar again I will talk to the bar staff, as the night porter should take over from them at midnight and provide a bar service for our residents. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, kind regards Natasha

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

I’ve never put a comment on Facebook before however felt that this had to be said... I wanted to order the beef curry and rice, only to be told that they’d run out of rice. Also ordered sausages and chips for the children to be presented with sweet potato fries, okay once we mentioned that the children would eat sweet potato fries staff bought out chunky chips. However what sort of hotel runs out of the stables rice and chips?

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Natasha G, General Manager at Portrush Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Hello Hazel160, I am sorry that we had run out of rice last night, the sweet potato fries were a human error for that I am also sorry. Unfortuantly we had had an issue with the order for the rice and had run out last night, both my head chef and I apologise for this. We hope to welcome you back in the future Kind Regards Natasha

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Friendly run hotel, good facilities, friendly bar staff, good breakfast served fresh and hot buffet style. Good value for money. Located near center of town over looking the sea.

Plenty of bars and restaurants near by.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Hello garymdown, Thank you for taking time to leave us a review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stya and I will pass on your great comments to the team. Kind Regards Natasha

Also consider these accommodations in or near Portrush
0.1 km away
7.1 km away
Bayview Hotel
Bayview Hotel
#1 of 1 in Portballintrae

Been to Portrush Atlantic Hotel? Share your experiences!