This hotel is 'grand'. It's neither amazing nor poor.
I stayed here last year on a romantic night away and stayed again recently with family to attend a relative's funeral.
The rooms are clean and comfortable and are good value during week nights (although I think it was a good bit more expensive at the weekend).
I think the reason for my non-excitement is because the rooms are just a little bit dated. I know that might seem frivolous but if I'm going to part with my hard-earned cash, I want it to be amazing!
The staff were all very very helpful. During the week-night stay we were able to get parking but we found it difficult to get parking when we were on our romantic weekend break as Portrush is a busy spot at weekends all year round.
I will be back again but if something more modern opens up (and is available at a reasonable rate), I'd probably opt for that instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Portrush Atlantic Hotel is situated on the North Coast in the centre of Portrush overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and very close to both of the stunning beaches in Portrush. 69 Bedrooms, some with Ocean views, lift, Free WiFi and in room, tea and coffee making facilities,and safe. Ideal venue for golfing, conferences or visiting the Giants Causeway, Bushmills Distillery or Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, Barry's amusements or relaxing and enjoying the town's diverse mixture of bars, restaurants, and live music venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Portrush Atlantic Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Portrush Hotel Portrush
- Hotel Comfort Portrush
- Portrush Ramada
- Comfort Hotel Portrush
- Portrush Atlantic Hotel County Antrim