“Nice hotel, convenient location”

Portrush Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Portrush
Reviewed 9 December 2017

This hotel is 'grand'. It's neither amazing nor poor.
I stayed here last year on a romantic night away and stayed again recently with family to attend a relative's funeral.

The rooms are clean and comfortable and are good value during week nights (although I think it was a good bit more expensive at the weekend).

I think the reason for my non-excitement is because the rooms are just a little bit dated. I know that might seem frivolous but if I'm going to part with my hard-earned cash, I want it to be amazing!

The staff were all very very helpful. During the week-night stay we were able to get parking but we found it difficult to get parking when we were on our romantic weekend break as Portrush is a busy spot at weekends all year round.

I will be back again but if something more modern opens up (and is available at a reasonable rate), I'd probably opt for that instead.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Natasha G, General Manager at Portrush Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Hello tcdonegal, Thank you for leaving us such a good review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. I will pass on your kind comments to the staff. We are at the moment in the planning stages of a refurbishment for our rooms, we will keep everybody posted via our facebook page. Have a very Happy Christmas .Kind regards Natasha

Write a ReviewReviews (1,064)

Reviewed 1 December 2017

This hotel was fantastic during my cycle around Ireland, shortly after completing my run. I was very fortunate to have stayed the night here. The location is perfect within Portrush. Handy to the beach and the Arcadia Swimming Baths. It is an ideal location to sample the wonders of Portrush and it's surrounding areas.

Hayley and her staff were fantastic at catering for our needs whilst staying, the breakfast in the morning was of a very high standard. The rooms we stayed in was ideal and very well presented. I can not wait to stay here again with my family.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are available on request
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Running Through M

Hello Noel, thank you for your great review. I will pass on your kind comments to Hayley and the team. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon. Happy Christmas Kind regards Natasha

Reviewed 27 November 2017

a winter night deal with meal that seemed reasonable although standard restaurant menu actually amounted to the same value £15pp /2 cse ! ( Steaks etc excepted)
Parking on site a bit limited unless you arrive early but free on street available in November easily enough.
Friendly staff but service a little patchy on the night we were there, I believe some
people missing.....
Breakfast OK but at 9;15 some hot items a bit dry and seemed like they had been there a long time...
Room excellent King size and quiet.

Room Tip: try and ask for sea view?
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnhG3658NB
Natasha G, General Manager at Portrush Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Hello johnhG3658NB, thank you for taking the time to leave us with a review, I am sorry you felt the breakfast buffet was not refreshed enough this is something I will talk to our kitchen about. I am pleased you liked your room. Kind Regards Natasha

Reviewed 27 November 2017

I stayed in this hotel last weekend, as part of a group. The accommodation was basic but clean and comfortable, although the carpet in our room was a bit manky, I wouldn't have walked on it in my bare feet. The staff were excellent, polite, helpful and friendly.

The one thing which let this hotel down badly was the food, which was dire. Vegetable soup served on the Friday night was inedible, it seemed to consist of hot water and loads of barley with absolutely no taste. The steak pie contained meat which was so tough that again it was inedible.

On Saturday night the roast beef was stringy and tasteless, and the Christmas pudding was so hard it was impossible to cut, even with a knife!

Owing to the poor quality of the food, we won't be rushing back to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Norman R

Hello Norman R, I am so sorry that you did not enjoy the dinners you had with us, and that you thought the room carpet was not very good. I will look into all of these issues. I will however, thank you, pass on your excellent comments about the team to them. Kind Regards Natasha

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed Sunday and Monday night's and arrived about 5pm we were quickly sorted with our room.
We stayed in room 206 and it must be said the carpet had seen better days and the bed was squeaky but very comfortable.
The room was spacious, quiet warm and had the usual tea/coffee and a hairdryer. Bathroom was fine clean and tidy with plenty of towels.
Breakfast is 07.30 to 10.30 and is an excellent buffet.
Would have no issues in returning.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ulsterman61
Natasha G, General Manager at Portrush Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Hello Ulsterman61, thank you for tasking the time to leave us a review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards Natasha

Also consider these accommodations in or near Portrush
0.1 km away
7.1 km away
Bayview Hotel
Bayview Hotel
#1 of 1 in Portballintrae

Been to Portrush Atlantic Hotel? Share your experiences!