“Relaxing”
Review of The Chestnut Inn

The Chestnut Inn
Ranked #20 of 82 Restaurants in Newtownards
Reviewed 5 November 2017

After Sunday shopping we called for lunch it was beautiful and lots of it. Staff were fab will definitely go back!!!

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Found this place by accident while searching on here for somewhere I hadn't tried before. The reviews sounded good & we weren't disappointed!
Went for 3 courses, all were perfectly cooked & helpings were great. Not pretentious, just honest hearty food. Good value too. Handy location next to Ballygowan & not far from Balloo House.
Thoroughly recommend. Service was very warm & welcoming and efficient.
Will be back. Give it a try!

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited this restaurant which is quite close to home, for the first time for Sunday lunch! We were not disappointed! The starters were delicious - mushrooms served very hot on an interesting plate resembling a garden! The prawns were lovely with Marie Rose sauce and green salad leaves. Excellent! The main courses were very generous. Beautifully cooked salmon with a delicious crust and pork fillet stack with peppercorn sauce and sweet potato crisps. These were accompanied with green vegetables which had a nice bite and two types of potato. We could not resist a desert and had pavlova and sticky toffee pudding both of which again were lovely. The coffee was newly ground and tasted just right! The bill for such a feast was not hard to pay! People of this area- try The Chestnut. The staff are very friendly and helpful. You will have a lovely meal and leave satisfied!

Reviewed 27 August 2016

I have been on numerous occasions over the past year, having found the restaurant whilst out on a Sunday drive. It is now a firm favourite and regular haunt for us.
I regulary go for the steak and never disapoints..Good wine selection very reasonably price (same wine twice price in City centre).
The menu has a good selection, traditional in style but with a twist, presention has a flair that surprises me in the country location. Thoroughly recommend consistantly consistant.

1  Thank Lovegrub1982
Reviewed 22 August 2016

Second visit to this restaurant and well pleased on both occasions. The food is well presented and the portions are more than ample!! Reasonable wine selection (albeit no sparkling wine on our last visit) - very well priced for what you get with excellent service by a very attentive waitress. The only downside is the lack of atmosphere created by No patrons!! - Honestly you are missing out on a real gem!! - Much better than the baloo/lisbane establishments which are in close proximity - Would I recommend - Yes!! will we return Yes!! (if I can get a table after this review) - try it for yourself and tell me if Iam wrong!!