Rudloe Arms(Corsham)
T's B&Bs(Corsham)
Norbin Farm(Corsham)
21 Park Lane(Corsham)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssunday roastluxury roomscallopssteaksaturday nightgranolahigh standardlarge showerwine listfamily roomone night stayfantastic foodpuddinglovely atmospherewaiting stafffish and chipsbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 26 February 2016

Spent a couple of hours in Corsham and stumbled across this place. Had a quick coffee in the bar. Very charming and family friendly. Attentive service and would happily go back and use it as a base to explore what seems to be a lovely part of the world.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
EnquiriesMethuen, Guest Relations Manager at Methuen Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2016

Thank you very much for your review, it's lovely to hear such consistently good feedback about our establishment and service. Corsham is a real hidden gem when it comes to lots of beautiful places to see and explore, so we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
With kindest regards, from The Methuen Arms team

Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

I will come back if in the area. Costs less than local chain hotels. Very old, with tons of charm and history. Great food, and fab breakfast. Parking is in the back of the building at the end of the public parking. Very close to Chippenham and other highways.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Marco N

Thank you very much for your review Marco, we always appreciate feedback from our guests and would be delighted to welcome you back. With kindest regards, from The Methuen Arms team

Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

Lovely friendly staff. Room was great too. We had a very nice evening meal with good service despite the restaurant being busy (valentines night). The only slight downside was a bit of a wait for the lovely breakfast. All in all all a very pleasant place to stay.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
EnquiriesMethuen, Owner at Methuen Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2016

Thankyou for writing a review, I am so sorry that you had to wait for your breakfast, I will talk to the staff as to the reasons why.
I pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us over a very busy Valentine's weekend and look forward to you returning.

Kind Regards

Debbie Still

Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

We stayed for a Saturday night and booked a meal in the restaurant. The room was very nice with a comfy bed and lovely linen but there did seem to be a slight lack of attention to detail eg missing shower gel and the biscuits looked like the leftovers from previous guests but the staff were great and nothing was too much trouble. For some reason there was a ladder lying down at the top of the stairs all night - it didn't affect us but could have been a trip hazard.
The really disappointing thing was that when we were waiting to be taken to the restaurant for our meal I found myself watching the chefs at work through the window - clearly designed for such purposes but was appalled to see a chef tasting a sauce by putting the spoon in his mouth then promptly using it to serve the food - no wiping it first or dipping it in hot water (this is what I was told they did when I mentioned it) but I saw him do it twice!!! Don't have open kitchens if you don't want to be on show!!!! Maybe it's best to not see what really goes on in kitchens but actually seeing it made my stomach churn.
Having said that I managed to eat the meal and found it tasty but the best bit was the breakfast. It's one of the best breakfasts I've ever had - lovely coffee, fresh orange juice, homemade muffins, great cooked breakfast, sourdough bread - all really really excellent.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
EnquiriesMethuen, Owner at Methuen Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2016

Hi

Thankyou for your review, I am very disappointed to hear of what we call in the trade "double dipping" - regardless of whether the kitchen is visible or not this practice is totally unacceptable. The chefs have small containers of hot water on the pass for their spoons, so there is simple no excuse. Rest assured the chef has been identified and your review brought to his attention, the front of house team will watch very carefully to make sure that this incident is not repeated.

I will speak to housekeeping who have an excellent "attention to detail record " so this is a surprise - the shortbread is homemade and can sometimes crumble in the cutting, rest assured it is replenished each day. We have decided to change the way it is presented with a tamper proof sticker.

Once again many thanks for the taking the time to bring your observations to my attention and I am genuinely very sorry, on a positive note it was good to hear that you ended your stay with such an excellent breakfast.

Kind Regards

Debbie Still

Reviewed 3 February 2016 via mobile

Stayed at the Methuen Arms on business, good hotel, lots of character and charm, good room, good food, good bar, but stay made great by the team and service, led by Georgie, thanks and I look forward to staying again.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business