We stayed in the cottage which is remote from the pub and enjoys self catering faciliites. The location is excellent, in a quiet period courtyard, the only downside being the lack of parking, but that's available at the pub itself some 400 yards away. We enjoyed the stay, but given the above average size of the bedroom it's a shame that there's only a double bed, a king or superking would easily be at home and would provide much more comfort. There were other small things which would be helpful, such as the provision of dishcoths and tea towels to help with washing up and there are a couple of cleaning issues which could be improved, notably the mature looking cobweb in the lounge skylight (which itself could do with a clean on the outside as it's filthy). Given it is a self catering cottage it's also a shame that there is no suitable place to sit for food; there is only a very low coffee table and low sofas. Still good for a change and nice to have the independence
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Peacocok is a 200 year old, and very typical English pub set in the Centre of Bakewell Town. We offer accommodation varying from lovely traditional type rooms in the old stables fully converted with en-suite bathrooms (showers only) inc full English breakfast if booked direct with the Peacock as opposed to third party web sites - Book direct with the Peacock to achieve a better deal. The Pub has a very varied menu that is all prepared and cooked on the premises by very skilled competant chefs with many fantastic specials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Peacock Bakewell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peacock Bakewell Hotel Bakewell
- The Peacock Bakewell England