Wife and I went for an evening meal.
The place itself is cosy and clean although the music from the juke box was a bit too high as it was hard to hear each other at the dinner table because of it.
The most disappointing part of the meal was at the start when I ordered a glass of wine and a pint of local beer came to a staggering £9.30!!! Much more expensive than elsewhere in Bakewell based on our experience.
We ordered the lamb and the southern fried chicken. The lamb was quite dry and the accompanying mashed potatoe was tasty but not enough of it to be substantial. The southern fried chicken was tasty and nice but again lacked enough for it to be substantial. The meal was reasonably priced but lacked quantity and a little on quality. We noticed the steak and that looked like a much better choice although much more expensive.
Overall it was a 3.5star which is better than average and less than very good i.e. it was good but nothing spectacular except the overpriced drinks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Peacocok is a 200 year old, and very typical English pub set in the Centre of Bakewell Town. We offer accommodation varying from lovely traditional type rooms in the old stables fully converted with en-suite bathrooms (showers only) inc full English breakfast if booked direct with the Peacock as opposed to third party web sites - Book direct with the Peacock to achieve a better deal. The Pub has a very varied menu that is all prepared and cooked on the premises by very skilled competant chefs with many fantastic specials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Peacock Bakewell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peacock Bakewell Hotel Bakewell
- The Peacock Bakewell England