“Good food”

Bamboo Cottage
Ranked #70 of 90 Restaurants in Bakewell
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Ordered ribs in a salt and pepper sauce which were very good and plentiful. Also had the chicken and mushrooms with chips which was equally as good. Great portions with a free bag of prawn crackers!

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I have had a takeaway twice whilst working in Bakewell! The Vegetable Chow Mein is fab!
On last visit I also ordered Crispy Vegetable Spring Rolls too (10 small ones in a portion), I won't order them again however, nearly broke my teeth, once you finally get through the thick very crispy batter there's not much inside!

I take my Chow mein to a seat near the fabulous Love Lock Bridge and tranquil River with massive Trout in!

Beautiful Bakewell is a must see by the way!

Oh and the staff at the Bamboo Hut are so friendly, welcoming and kind, £4.50 for Veg Chow Mein, very cheap for a tourist area!
Would be better if competed more with the various Chippys and opened during the day at weekends/during summer as apposed to 5pm every day when most tourists are leaving!!!

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Had a lovely take away from here .We're not local, but the food was easily as nice as that from our normal takeaway and very reasonably priced .Extremely friendly, courteous staff!

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Came here the other night I had a chicken curry with plain chow mein and salt and pepper chips and my girlfriend had sweet and sour chicken washed down with a few lagers after I can't complain

1  Thank Adamkelsall1991
Reviewed 18 April 2017

friendly staff served us a fab takeaway open tray of chips n curry sauce on Sunday evening! really enjoyed it, great to get a proper sized plastic fork instead of the tiny ones takeaways usually give out. Will remember this for our next visit to bakewell.