“Disapointed”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Bar Restaurant
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Booked a table on Wednesday night for my husband ,daughter and myself to celebrate my Hubbies birthday .We have been to Pretty Marys many times over the years and some meals have been great and others average but this was probably the worst we have ever had .I ordered the beer battered Pollock bites which were served with triple cooked chips and mushy peas ,I can honestly say there was not one part of this meal which I enjoyed .The peas where freezing ,the Pollock bites had barely any fish and the batter was so crisp I could not get my knife through it .My husband and daughter had beef short rib which they had ordered previously and really enjoyed but this time they where both very disappointed .We have always loved the freshly cooked chips at Pretty Marys I don't know what happened this time but they where awful ,bad potatoes and tasted like they had been heated in a microwave .When we go out for a meal we don't want a free drink or desert we just want tasty well cooked food and we certainly did not get this at Pretty Marys ,

1  Thank lholidayheaven

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Have eaten here a few times in the last couple of months and have to say the food has been very impressive. Most recently had the roast beef special and it was amazing. Beef falling apart just the way I like it. 2 of our party also had a chicken and ham pie special which they really enjoyed too.

Great service and nice vibe in the bar generally. Will continue to come here while the food and service are so good!

1  Thank UKtourist01
Reviewed 13 March 2018

We had a great feed in here. Bucket of beer for a tenner was great as well. Service was good, even though a 50th birthday party was starting to arrive as we were starting to eat... Service was maintained. Had a good craic with staff about how great this place was, food and service..highly recommend a visit. Good atmosphere as well.

1  Thank Francie M
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

We ate here at the end of February,a Thurs night and had a very nice meal.

I had duck spring roll to start with,delicious medium rare Ribeye with garlic chips as my main and sticky toffee pudding(no cheesecake left)to finish off.

My Mrs and the child enjoyed their food also.

A nice pint of Guinness and bottle of Chilean Red to wash it down.

Service was good and it was in relaxed surroundings with a good atmosphere.

I couldn’t fault our time here.

1  Thank Stuarty1975
Reviewed 15 January 2018

If you are looking a quiet romantic dinner, then probably Pretty Mary's is not the place to go. However, if you want a lively atmosphere, don't mind loud laughter and a busy environment, then this is the place for you. Food was good and staff were helpful and friendly.