Wow what an amazing time we had on this beautiful island in the middle of Indian Ocean. From when we arrived at Malé airport and were collected by Baros staff and escorted to the boat we were treated with the upmost care and consideration. We were offered cool flannels and drinks and upon arrival at the island we were offered more drinks to welcome us! We were then escourted to our beautiful villa 203 which was so clean and well maintained and had stunnings views of the ocean. We actually moved after a few days to villa 207 so we could have a larger beach and make full use of the sun, this was dealt with very professionally and did not detract from the excellent experience we had! Yes there is a man made wall to help protect the beach but it plays such an important role that we think the function far outweighs the way it looks. Inside of the wall is the lagoon and here you can safely swim around looking at the different types of coral and fish, I even saw sharks and turtles! If you are feeling a bit braver then just beyond the wall is the deep and it is truly breathtaking!
The staff at Baros are incredible and having stayed at the Ritz in London only days before arriving we feel that they had a high bar to reach and I certainly think they met that! They all knew our names, were always polite, immaculately presented and welcoming! It was wonderful talking to them all and hearing about their culture.
The food was a real highlight and we felt that the Lighthouse where we ate twice offered us beautifully prepared dishes and really enjoyable evenings! However, the Cayenne Restaurant was our personal favourite, the food was outstanding and the staff were brilliant! We felt that they really went out of their way to ensure that we had the best time whenever we were there! The ribs were delicious and on our last night we sampled the Tepanyaki...I am still dreaming about the delicious steak that I had! The chef, Sivath, is a true rising star and the manager Ali, was incredibly welcoming and our waiter Amadae made me two gorgeous bamboo boxes which were so lovely (it is a shame that these are not sold in the shop as they would make excellent souveniers!) Lilin (such a lovely lady) recommended that we try the Maldivian night and we are so pleased that we went to this as it was the best fun and we even returned the following week - the food was that good!
The cocktails were great, the sunsets were awesome and everything about our honeymoon was relaxing and perfect. We had a couples massage which was absolutely worth the money and we also went on a Dolphin Sunset Moonlit cruise which will stay in our memories for a long time! Lorena from the dive centre took us on a night snorkel which was a little bit scary but really worthwhile as everything in the underwater world looks so different at night!
So in summary we had a wonderful time and if you are looking for somewhere to truly relax and enjoy peace and quiet in luxury surroundings then this is the island for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lush, tropical island set in the shimmering waters of a shallow lagoon, ringed by a reef vibrant with marine life. Stay in elegance in Villas created from timber and sandstone, poised and peaceful over a translucent lagoon, or nestled discreetly among exotic blooms by the beach. Revel in romantic privacy on the perfect vacation. The essence of the Maldives, defined at Baros. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your Baros Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baros Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Baros Maldives Male
- Baros Maldives Hotel Male