Angsana Ihuru(Ihuru Island)
US$345
US$566
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$662/night.

Grand Park Kodhipparu, Maldives(Kodhipparu Island)
US$404
Priceline
US$516
US$460
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$577/night.

Huvafen Fushi Maldives(Huvafen Fushi Island)
US$660
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$832/night.

Kurumba Maldives(Vihamanafushi)
US$327
US$291
US$290
US$251
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$373/night.

2,429 results
All reviewslighthouse restaurantvilla hostlime restaurantwater villaour honeymoonfishdeluxe villalobster bisquedive centrereef sharkssmall islandhalf boardindian oceanoutdoor showerthe resort managermale airportother resorts
Reviewed 6 July 2011

First trip to the Maldives and certainly left a glowing impression.

We booked two weeks for our honeymoon and Baros was everything we had hoped for. We were close to choosing velassaru but the reviews on here worked in Baros' favour and having seen the Islands closer to Male, I'm certainly glad we were where we were. The proximity to Male and various other islands really was not a problem at Baros. You'd have to be a very grumpy person to let that spoil your stay on this gorgeous island!

We stayed in a Baros villa with the intention of upgrading to a pool villa or water villa for the last few days but we never did - the Baros villa was perfect for us and we didn't want to move. Beautiful location on the island (201) and although we lost the sun quite early, it wasn't a problem. We either moved our sunbeds a little into the water or had a stroll around the island to find a sunnier spot. Outdoor shower was fantastic. Hassan our villa attendent was a delightful man who was only too willing to help and chat to us about life in the Maldives. As everyone has already said - Shuhan was a pure delight, the man is constantly brimming with smiliness!

We were extrememly lucky with the weather apparently. Apart from a downpour on our first night there, we had wall to wall sunshine.

We loved the cocktails in the lighthouse lounge, and although reported expensive by many, the location, service and generous selection of canapes that came with each purchase more than made up for the price. We ate here too on two occasions and they were our favourite meals. It really is a very romantic and classy place to eat. Aside from the Lighthouse, Cayenne was our next favourite restaurant. That's not to say that Lime wasn't nice, but the other two definitely had a better ambience in our opinion.

Asian night every Wednesday in Lime was great and was included as part of the half board package. Maldivian night in Cayenne on the other hand was pricey but a nice experience and great food all the same.

We didn't take advantage of the spa which is now a regret of mine but we did sample several other excursions that the island had to offer:

- The champagne sunset dolphin cruise was one of the highlights of the trip for me. Such a beautiful place to see dolphins in their natural environment and even more special seeing so many Spinner dolphins performing their tricks for the onlookers! So good, that we considered doing it again even though it was deemed pricey by many. I think it would be a disappointment if you didn't see any dolphins, but from what I've read in other reviews, that's not very likely.

- The Sandbank lunch / dinner is an absolute must. Again, quite a dint to the wallet but absolutely worth it for a once in a lifetime experience. We opted for the lunch rather than the dinner and I'm happy that we did, as we got to appreciate everything in all it's glory. Perfect for our honeymoon and with stingrays swimming all around the edge of the island while we were eating, we had entertainment too!

- The glass bottom boat trip wasn't really worth it and it wouldn't be a trip I'd recommend. I have a hunch there was something wrong with the boat as it reeked of fuel and kept cutting out and on the journey back to the island they were sailing incredibly slowly compared to the other boat rides we'd taken. Also the constant surging around the coral once we got to the viewing area was not very pleasant - indeed one poor lady was sick. We also hardly saw any fish, I'm sure the action of the boat was scaring them away and defeating the object! I'd stick to the snorkelling, we certainly saw far more of the wonderful underwater world that way.

- My hubby had a waterskiing lesson and I went along for the speed boat ride. Great fun and would recommend if you don't mind taking substantial mouthfuls of water (which is why I stuck to the boat ride instead!).

Only a couple of tiny gripes (and I'm being picky - because nothing spoiled our enjoyment of the holiday) -

- Would have preferred to have more vegetarian options on the dinner menu in Lime. Being half board it could become a bit repetitive if staying for longer than a week as we did. However, we made the mistake of only visiting the Cayenne restaurant a few days before we were due to leave - food and service in there was absolutely excellent.

- Breakfast was also a bit of a disappointment, again as veggies - especially when we ordered a private breakfast in the villa and it came with bacon on the plate even though we'd specifically requested no meat! Having experienced 5* all inc breakfasts in Turkey, Baros just wasn't in the same league, but it must be remembered that as a tiny island in the middle of the ocean, resources are limited and it was more than satisfactory for us.

- About 3 days in I came down with a very nasty stomach bug which rendered me bed bound for at least 2 days (and toilet bound for the rest of the holiday) missing out on vital sun time! My stomach never seemed to recover. Not eating fish or meat, I could only conclude it must have been ice cubes or cleaning my teeth and dental retainers in tap water. Salad maybe? I don't know, but it certainly wasn't pleasant. The staff were very kind though in letting my husband and I order and eat our half board dinner in the room for a couple of nights once I was feeling up to eating again.

- Aircon was very noisy but too hot without it. Wi-fi was extremely temperamental.

Overall we had the most wonderful time. We'd worried that two weeks in one place with not much scope for activity would be too long, however we were both surprised to get to our final days there feeling like we'd be more than happy to stay for longer. That must say something.
We'd love to visit the Maldives again, and normally we'd be eager to check out different hotels, but I'm just not sure that if we did that, our hearts would forgive us. Knowing that the paradise of Baros was only a stone's throw away would surely be too much torture!

One last tip for honeymooners - when booking through Kuoni, a candlelit dinner on the beach is included as part of the honeymooner's package. If you are staying half board then be sure to ask that your halfboard for that night is credited on your account or that you have a lunch one day instead. We queried it on the last day and luckily got refunded our half board, but if we hadn't, our "complimentary" honeymoon dinner would have been paid for out of our own pocket!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Sk8tes
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We stayed at Baros for one week late May/early June '11, having travelled here via Banyan Tree in Ras Al Khaima. We stayed in a water villa and it was just gorgeous. I can't really add anything to the wonderful things that most other reviewers have said about Baros, apart from agreeing wholeheartedly with those statements. I would however like to remark upon the prices, which seem to be a bit of a bug bear for many reviewers. I would say that, whilst the food and beverage costs are in no way 'cheap', they certainly aren't as astronomical as I had been expecting having read some reviews on T.A. and I got rather a pleasant surprise upon checking out that the bill was nowhere near as high as I had anticipated. I think if you factor in that you are in a luxury destination then you would expect to pay a premium wherever you were in the world, leaving aside the fact that pretty much all items have to be imported. My favourite part was cocktails in the Lighhouse Lounge each evening, watching the sunset and being served delicious canapes, which seem to come free with every drink - absolutely delicious. If you're debating whether or not to go to Baros, I can only say that, in my experience, you will not regret it!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Glasgow0406
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Rest and dream island. In this hotel has understood that such Maldives. Met by a separate boat - very comfortable and fast. In hotel the friendly personnel - have allocated a separate wonderful bungalow with a kind for ocean. Directly from a small house it is possible to dive into ocean. Was engaged in fishing and has caught the big fishes. At breakfast drank champagne and friendly communicated with having a rest - basically it is a newly-married couple. Many thanks I want to tell for Spa is the best Spa from all my Spas for all 93 countries of the world which I have visited. Every day went for treatment an aromatherapy and massages - have grown wings for pleasure and rest. Thanks this hotel and its personnel - they have transformed my rest into a fairy tale

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank alexzhdanov
Reviewed 2 July 2011

We first stayed in Baros 24 years ago for our honeymoon and although at that time it was very basic we had a great time. We went back in April 2009 and had an amazing time. It really is a luxury island with great service, food and gorgeous beach villas. The staff can't do enough for you. We are now looking to book somewhere for our silver wedding next year and despite some other lovely islands we can't see past Baros! Hopefully we will be able to get it booked soon.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank LornaR1
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Baros is the quintessential honeymoon spot that I believe will remain as the #1 vacation experience of my - and my wifes - life. It just doesn't get better than this. From the island, the villas, the service, the food, the quality of the staff, the immaculate grounds, the design aesthetic - Baros is the standard for 5-star resorts worldwide.
I worked at the Four Seasons for 6 years in my 20's, and have stayed in about a dozen Four Seasons hotels around the world and Baros exceeded all of my previous experiences tenfold. My wife and I just returned from a trip to Four Seasons Hualalai in Hawaii and, while it was nice, we kept thinking about Baros. We are now afraid that only a return trip to the Maldives will be enought to quench our thirst for island paradising.
You won't find a tennis court here, or a golf course, or a communal pool with a swim-up bar; the Marriott's of the world can have that. But what you will find here is luxury oozing out of every corner. Baros just has this confidence about it that makes you feel . . . . makes you KNOW that you are on the finest island in the world.
We stayed in both the Deluxe Villa and Water Villa and we liked each one. You do sacrifice room space with a Water Villa, but you are able to acheive a different level of 'privacy' that you can't get on the beach. However, when we return we will likely opt for the Deluxe Villa, as you get so much more space to stretch out and enjoy. Plus, having the sand on your doorstep is just so wonderful.
I'm so happy to be able to write such a glowing review. You will not be disappointed with Baros. Go.

Room Tip: Get both a beach and water villa
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple