Angsana Ihuru(Ihuru Island)
US$322
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$357/night.

US$591
  • Breakfast included
Grand Park Kodhipparu, Maldives(Kodhipparu Island)
US$354
Bandos Maldives(Bandos)
US$262
US$163
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$185/night.

US$179
US$120
Priceline
US$494
US$430
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$520/night.

Huvafen Fushi Maldives(Huvafen Fushi Island)
US$1,082
US$640
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$830/night.

Kurumba Maldives(Vihamanafushi)
US$492
US$214
US$245
US$232
  • Pool
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$335/night.

2,431 results
All reviewslighthouse restaurantvilla hostlime restaurantwater villaour honeymoonfishdeluxe villalobster bisquedive centrereef sharkssmall islandhalf boardindian oceanoutdoor showerthe resort managermale airportother resorts
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We arrived in Baros on the second week of our 2 week honeymoon, and as our first trip to Maldives we can only compare the 2 islands we stayed, and whilst I won't knock the first Island as it was very different, the first and last impression we experienced from Baros was exceptional and of the highest standard.

We had a fantastic transfer and on arriving you are greated with cold towels and fresh drinks, and a few nice touches thoughout your stay, I won't list them all as they come as nice suprises.

Our preference as it had been throughout our stay was to opt for a beech villa, (Baros Villa in this case) and it was exceptional. Room 206 was situated on the calm side of the island and had nice choice of full sun or shade, which is much needed in the mid day heat. The rooms are lovely and you get a generous 3 litres per room of complimentaty water each day, along with tea and coffee making facilities and a nespresso machine. Room boy kept us well stocked! The baros room which is larger than the pool villa's didn't come with plunge pool or spa, we had one in our previous island but rarely used it and with the sea just a few steps from your door............do you need one?

The house reef was in front of our villa and this was excellent and easy to access. A resident turtle and regular reef sharks made the daily snorkel enjoyable with the easiest of access.

The attention to detail and quality of service was far superior than we experienced on our first island, but like I say, I won't knock them as allot of it will be down to price and management style. The management team on Baros are very visable, approachable and all the staff continually smile and make you feel welcome. We like to find out about how the staff are treated and we were pleased to hear they are well looked after and they all enjoy their jobs.

Free DVD's were available for use in your room, we relaxed one night in front of the tv and that was a real treat for us as we rearely do this at home. Free internet in room and throughout the resort bars was also very useful if you have to check-in on emails for work or wanted to email family a cheeky photo from your phone.....our first island charged $10 for an hours access, so this free use was welcome.

We were half board and the food in the Lime Restuarant (which is still a la carte) was excellent, with a good choice to cator for varying tastes. The Australin sirloin steaks and Tuna steaks were some of the best we have ever had. For a treat we did go to the Lighthouse restaurant on our last night, leaving us with the very best of memories. As half board you are allowed to transfer a credit over to any of the other 2 restaurants which is a great idea. Again, not to spoil it for you I won't give the details away, but lets just say it was worth every dollar and with wine at $40 for a good bottle is affordable to all. Book it at least once!!

The island provides a lovely relaxing area in shade or mottled sun under palm trees, lots of day beds with towels provided, we often sat reading sipping cocktails there in late afternoon. Some good music provided throughout the week, so do give the sails bar a visit after dinner.

I can't fault the service, staff or the island and lunches are very affordable with a good choice of panni's, wraps and pizz's etc from only $14. If I was to be critical of anything, as like with the frist island we visited the water and soft drinks are a little expensive in comparison to other things, the pricing doesn't seem to be consistent across different goods. Beers at $7 for half pint seem epxensive but the cocktails were good value starting around $11 and the beech cool box offering 6 bottles of beer, 2 spring waters and nibbles came in very cheap in comparison. All in all we appreciate everything is imported so didn't worry about the cost.

Highly recommend you give this island a visit, we will be back!

Room Tip: 206 Baros Villa was excellent with access to house reef and full sun or shade. This is situated on the calm side of the island (water)
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank CotswoldCraig
Baros_Management, Executive Assistant Manager at Baros Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2011

Dear Mr CotswoldCraig,

Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback. I have passed on your kind words to all our team members.

It was a real pleasure for all of us to have you staying on Baros Maldives.
We greatly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

On behalf of the Baros Maldives team,

Reviewed 30 September 2011

We were very happy with our stay at Baros despite the fact that we there during the rainy season in June. I really do not think that half an hour warm rain can spoil anyone' s vacation.
The staff were very friendly and the food was great. Everyone in the hotel made our stay there a very special experience.
The only advice I would give the hotel is to maybe make a list with the dangerous sea life that swims around the island. The first day my husband got stung by a very small jelly fish that is a cousin of the Portuguese man of war jelly fish and was swollen for 2 days. They are so small that you would hardly suspect that they are so venomous and would wrap themselves around you. The house marine biologist told us they appear only after a storm from the deep sea and I have to say they really were there only the first day and after a storm on the last day. They are though very unpleasant and the guest should be made aware of their presence.
Apart from this the sea life around the island is great. It is a non-stop show of color and shape.
If you feel brave I would recommend taking the night snorkeling trip organized by the house biologist. You will experience a whole new world than the one you see during the day. I have to warn you though the the resident sharks will come much closer then usually as they are attracted by the torches. They did not do anything but we did get a wave of adrenalin.
I would recommend Baros to anyone, however if you are scared from sea life in particular sharks then the island is not for you. They are harmless but they are just there all day long... there was hardly an hour in the water without spotting one. While this one of the great points of interest for some it is a huge drawback for people who do not feel very comfortable around sharks

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank velasquezLondon

Dear velasquezLondon,

Shukkuriya for this kind TripAdvisor review! We are happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your time with us.
Thank you also for mentioning the great sea life surrounding Baros Maldives. As you said, “our” sharks are totally harmless and beautiful to watch.

We really hope to welcome you back soon on our small paradise!

Reviewed 29 September 2011

We have been to the Maldives a few times now and stayed at some fantastic resorts including Angsana Ihuru and Velavaru, Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru and Madivaru, Island Hideaway and Cocoa Island. As you can imagine we have got used to being spoilt and expecting top service! Baros did not fail, it is very convenient for Male, the Island is beautifully cared for and has some of the most amazing Palms I have seen.

The reef is good, it runs on the outer edge of the barrier wall, and it is easy to access. You will not fail to see reef sharks, maybe some rays and for sure the resident turtle ( look don't touch!!) We didn't dive this time but spoke to some that did and they saw Manta's, which is pretty special. We watched a dolphin make it's way along the edge of the reef one afternoon, from the comfort of our table at the restaurant!! The lucky dolphin cruise guests saw a large whale one evening, so you should always keep your eyes on the water there is so much to see.

There are lots of activities daily, and you can do as much or as little as you please, there is no hard sell. There were a lot of Europeans staying and only a handful of Asian guests and everyone during our stay was friendly and respectful of other guests enjoyment, (not always the case sadly).

The accommodation is fantastic, stylish and immaculate, if you can stretch to it, the pool villa's are divine and offer more privacy generally, both have stunning bathrooms and shady decks. The beds are huge and very comfortable, great touches like books, dvd's, fruit and high end toiletries add to the enjoyment. We didn't stay in an over water villa, we like the sand beneath our feet too much! But the guests we spoke to staying there loved them, although they are more exposed to wind and choppy water of course.

The bars and restaurants are the best we have had the pleasure of visiting, I loved the Lighthouse for sundowners, I would go back just to sit here again. The chef's are award winning and it shows, The Maldivian night is a must, the most delicious food I have tasted -fresh and made using lots of local produce ( fish and coconut ) add to that a great wine list, what more do you need? Just perfect.

The staff here are all wonderful. Thank you to Mr Blitz and his team for such a warm welcome, we particularly enjoyed the Manager's cocktail evening. Two highlights for us were the live music nights, totally under-appreciated by most guests, but beautiful talented singers and chilled music under the stars...heavenly.

If you go to the Maldives you will have a fabulous time simply because of the natural beauty and the amazing marine life. Choosing a wonderful resort for a stress free, relaxing slice of luxury will simply enhance your time and make your memories extra special.

Happy to answer any questions from other TA users

Jayne & Mick Wainwright

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Kyera S
Baros_Management, Executive Assistant Manager at Baros Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2011

Dear Mr & Mrs Wainwright,

We, at Baros Maldives would like to take in opportunity in Thanking you for sharing your experiance at Baros Maldives on Tripadvisor.

It was a great pleasure for all us having you at Baros Maldives and we all very much look forward to being at your service again in the near future.

Once again "Shukuriyaa" for staying with us here at Baros Maldives.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 26 September 2011

Im wrinting this review during the last night of my honeymoon in Baros. And im doing that because I feel I must give something in return, specially for the Baros team, for the days of dream I have passed here.

The first positive thing to talk about Baros, is the people who works here! They make the difference! I've been here for just 4 nights and lots of the employees could call my wife and I by our names! They are all very attentive and make all the efforts to exceed our expectations! And they dis exceed mines! I have to talk about this one situation and you are gong to understand: During a sunset cruise (highly recommended, thanks Shifag for the great time!) there were maldivian songs playing as a baclgroung music for the sunset... I really liked the musics and asked if there was a CD with them in the hotel boutique. They said no, but told me that I could find some CDs in Male during the sightseeing tour I would have the next day. Katharina (Another great person since the mail exchanges for the reservations before arriving at Baros) even instruct the guide to take me to some stores where I could find CDs with the musics I liked. But I couldnt find it in Male and I told this to Katharina when we returned from there. She said she was so sorry, and probably that woul be all in other resorts, but not in Baros, not for Katharina. At night I have received in my room a CD with all the musics I have listened in the sunset cruise and great handwrited card with a beautiful message! I couldnt believe that she got really worried about that! That was fantastic! Thank you Khatarina!

Lets talk about the restaurants now.
I've been to The Lighthouse in the frist night. Incredible place! Great ambiance (I had luck to have a pleasant night with a sky full of stars!), delicious food! Not so delicious bill.. ehehehe.. USD 300 with a sparkling wine. But come on, Its a honeymoon!
The Cayenne Grill was a "OK" experience. I had a black Angus Sirloin and my wife had a chicken plate that was nothing special. The buffet you can enjoy when ordering those kind of plates is good to start.Bil: USD 130 (no alcohol).
A great experience was the private BBQ on the beach. That was a dining included in aur honeymoon package, so I would not know the price, but probably is worth it! Imagine a table, candlelight, teh sound of the waves, and a Chef just for you cooking in front of you on the beach! All the starters were great and the main course which included a lobster was delicious!

Excursions:
Sunset cruise: Even if you can enjoy the sunset from the beach or your water villa, its is more pleasant to see it from a boat, with some maldivian music on, and being served champagne and canapés.
Male sightseeing tour: This was a little disappointing. Not for the city that is very interesting and the guide that did well, but for the final part that was the shopping! I expected to come back with some interesting souvenirs and authentical maldivian artcrafts, but that woud be impossible once we were taken to those classic "stupid tourist souvenir" stores. A tip for the whole Male trip is to get a private guide, so you will have more freedom to discover the island in a more authentic way.
Snorkeling Safari: We were not lucky with the sharks, turtles, stingrays and other big fishs, but it was nice. At least we have seen some of those big fishes in the corals of the resort while walking in and out the water villa.

At the end, in general, everything was great and we had a perfect honeymoon! We highly recommend Baros and expect to be back in the future!
Thanks again to the whole Baros team... Mode, Yassen, Shifag, Katharina and everyone that I unfortunately dont remember the name but was always with a smile on the face and ready to halp us! Thank you guys!

A final comment for the budget makers: 4 day and nights and I have spent USD 4,600 for the package (2 dinners and 1 massage included) and expect to spent more USD 1,300 for all the extras (excursions, dining, lunch etc...). Its is expensive, but the moments I lived here worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RafaelSanto
Baros_Management, Guest Experiance Manager at Baros Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2011

Dear Fabiola & Rafael,

I wanted to personally thank you for your lovely review of Baros Maldives on Tripadvisor!
I’m thrilled to hear, that you enjoyed your honeymoon here with us so much and I will most certainly thank Mode, Shifaq and Yaasin for their great work.

Thank you again and we all hope to welcome you back one day soon.

Best regards,

Katharina
Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 25 September 2011

Short review this time but happy to answer any specific questions.

We transferred to Baros after a week at another resort, so we arrived already relaxed. We received a very warm welcome which set the tone for pretty darned near perfect hosting by the Baros team. We split our time between a beach villa and water villa - both great in different ways. If you have never stayed in a water villa just a heads up for the less brave (inc me!) - ocean side, the water understandably isn't mill pond calm and yes you may duck your head under the water and see a passing reef shark. Passing very close...(totally harmless!)

In terms of selecting a room, do use the assets on the website and request a specific room if you are like me and stress about 'being on the wrong side of the island!' The hotel team will try to accommodate.

Good dining options and you can eat light and not melt your credit card or indulge in a gastronomic experience at the Lighthouse restaurant (fabulous setting, delightful staff, great food). Good choice of wines at reasonable prices (for the Maldives). We did the Louis Roederer dinner - fantastic fun due to great fellow diners, charming host...can't quite remember the food but the champagne was superb. Baros was a bit 'quiet' the next day (I'm sure aspirin sales soared).

Great diving team; snorkelling on house reef superb and 'friendly' if you are not a confident swimmer.

The lasting memory though is the Baros team. Nothing was too much trouble. Incredibly well managed resort. Enough said.

Room Tip: See map on website
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank EdamameLon

Dear Edamame,

Thank you for your lovely review which indeed is a great pleasure for all of us here at Baros Maldives to learn that you have enjoyed your time with us.

We very much look forward to have you back again with us soon at Baros Maldives!

Once again "Shukuriyaa" for staying with us.