We (two teenagers and parents) just returned from a week at Baros which we found to be excellent. We are very keen scuba divers and the whole Baros scuba set-up is very well organised. First of all, being in the center of the North Male Atoll means that there are over 30 dive sites that are less than 30 minutes (by boat) from the hotel; offering some of the best reef diving in the world. Secondly, the dive team and support was all very well done. Dispite the hotel being full, we always were able to get on the dive boat and we were never more than 5 divers per guide. The equipment was all in good condition and ready when we arrived at the boat which left on time. One final note, the "house" reef at the hotel is great and one can spends hours with a snorkel and see beautiful fish and coral within 100 yards of the beach.
We hasd two delux villas on the west side of the island. I was a bit concerned that we were too close to the dive shop and where boat deliveries were docked, but in fact we nerver noticed the boats and the sunsets were beautiful. The island is very well maintained; they seem to rake the whole thing everyday. Also the planting is such that were rarely saw anybody else when we siting on our terrace.
We used the spa a number of times, which we enjoyed and we always able to get time slots that we were seeking.
The food is pretty good and there is a wide choice. The breakfast is very well done and even arriving at the last mnute there was a full selection and it was all still well orgainsed.
The staff (and there are lots) are very firendly, surprisingly efficient and actully seem to like what they are doing. The atmosphere at the hotel is quite luxury; people tend to stay to themselves and there are very few t-shirts. There is a nice bar where we would have an evening drink, but there is no bar scene.
We travel quite a bit and try to stay in top hotels, which this is one; I would say the the main reason that this is not 5 stars is because there are no pools.
Although there is nothing planned for teenagers, if they like to dive they will love Baros as our children did.
We are planning our next trip...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lush, tropical island set in the shimmering waters of a shallow lagoon, ringed by a reef vibrant with marine life. Stay in elegance in Villas created from timber and sandstone, poised and peaceful over a translucent lagoon, or nestled discreetly among exotic blooms by the beach. Revel in romantic privacy on the perfect vacation. The essence of the Maldives, defined at Baros. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your Baros Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baros Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Baros Maldives Male
- Baros Maldives Hotel Male