My wife and I loved Baros. When magazines show azure seas and beautiful sand that you can't believe are real? That.
The team was warm and not fussy, making us feel cared for. Many thanks to everyone who looked after us. The attention was above and beyond what we have experienced in other luxury resorts we have been lucky enough to stay in.
Where our review can be of most help is in comparing the villas on the island to the over-water ones as the hotel was kind enough to let us stay in both. Unique upsides of on land - beach, covered veranda (which is really lovely to sit under for the odd tropical shower), the beautiful outside shower itself, proximity to amenities (although to be fair nothing is too far away). Upsides of over-water - slightly better living space (although both lovely) even more privacy, direct access via deck steps to snorkelling, 180 sea view, infinity pool, wonderful deck including draped lounger, fewer mosquitos. On our days in the over water room we hardly left, there was no need to.
There has been much mention of the bleaching of the reef and there is no doubt that there has been a great deal of damage however the fish remain as colourful as ever and the black and white tip reef sharks come and eye you in a friendly way as you snorkel.
Thanks again. We will be saving our pennies to return and it is difficult to think how Baros could be beaten.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lush, tropical island set in the shimmering waters of a shallow lagoon, ringed by a reef vibrant with marine life. Stay in elegance in Villas created from timber and sandstone, poised and peaceful over a translucent lagoon, or nestled discreetly among exotic blooms by the beach. Revel in romantic privacy on the perfect vacation. The essence of the Maldives, defined at Baros. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com and Ctrip TA so you can book your Baros Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baros Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Baros Maldives Male
- Baros Maldives Hotel Male