we have just returned from Baros on 11 april after a easter hols with my wife and teenage daughter. Like others this is not our first time in the maldives, however it was our first time on Baros, so we were very concerned that the island lived up to its hype. Well we can confirm that the island does tick all the boxes of ' paradise found '. We arrived for our 10 night stay and wer put up in a delux villa ( no. 102 ) this was a fantastic little villa with the usual external bathroom, ample covered terrace and an idilic path down to the beach. The location of the rooms 101 -110 seems to be the best although rooms 101 - 105 suited us. However after a couple of nights we upgraded to the Baros Residence, there is only one on the island and this was fantastic. The Residence has a ' secret ' garden with a fair sized private pool and ' private bathing facility '. Sunbathing here is possible upto 5.30. then there is a seating area and private verander with loads of space. Add this to the seperate living room with full facilities, private butler on tap and sandy path down to the beach and this room is definatly worth the upgrade.
But it's not the fantastic service and wouderful staff, or even the unbilevable quality of the accomodation that makes this island, ( at this point i must say the staff are super. To mention them all would take most of the grey matter i have left, but i MUST mention a couple of people who make the differance. Julia who is so calm and just makes everything so smooth, she met us of the transfer from Male, the most wounderful two girls who work the breakfast and restaurante at night who wer Juli and Ayun. They alone could make us go back. and finally Imbraham who so fantastic served up drinks and information on demand. Hopefully Jonathan the manager reads this and rewards! ) anyway as i was saying what makes this island is the reef!.
At first when we arrived we noticed the 'wall' arorund 3/4 of the island. we wer amazed as no one mentioned this. well the wall is to protect the island. However when you snorkle out the ture value of the wall is reveiled. The reef is fantastic inside the wall, especially opposite rooms 102 - 105 But when you venture out of the wall, small gaps all around, the reef is fully exposed. We swam with Turtles, Sharks, Eagle Rays and Octupus. Everyday something different was seen. For the Snorklers out there Baros is a must.
Every rose has its thorn, the thorns with Baros are:-
1. Male is visable so at night the full aura of the stars is not as visable as other islands
2. The prices of the food and drink on Baros are extreamly high, although the quality of the food is unquestionable.
All in all if cost is a factor you wouldnt go to the Maldives! Baros is a absolutly fantastic Island that gave my family and me a very memorable time in the Maldives, well done to all.
scott, julia and robyn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lush, tropical island set in the shimmering waters of a shallow lagoon, ringed by a reef vibrant with marine life. Stay in elegance in Villas created from timber and sandstone, poised and peaceful over a translucent lagoon, or nestled discreetly among exotic blooms by the beach. Revel in romantic privacy on the perfect vacation. The essence of the Maldives, defined at Baros. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA and Agoda so you can book your Baros Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baros Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Baros Maldives Male
- Baros Maldives Hotel Male