“Delicious food, cute cafe”

Fat Frog Beach Cafe
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Cannonvale
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Funky and friendly, unique and quirky ... the Fat Frog has gained an enviable reputation for amazing coffee (thanks to Campos) and lovingly housemade food while our stunning location at Cannonvale Beach means you'll always find a gorgeous gentle sea breeze that makes for the perfect spot to relax and enjoy the incredible views and laid-back atmosphere.
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Loved this cafe. Ended up heading there for both brekkies in Airlie! It was super busy both times (Saturday morning and Tuesday morning), but still had fast service and delicious food. We will definitely be back every time we head to Airlie!

1  Thank Seadub2014

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

This cafe has a very relaxed vibe and fantastic food.

I loved having breakfast while looking out over the beautiful beach.

There was even a hippy walking around bothering the locals to learn his card tricks.

I would recommend this cafe to anyone wanting to get out of their own head and really enjoy a good meal.

1  Thank Emma M
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

30-45min wait for food and 3 other tables who had ordered after us were severed first...? Along with two staff members.
No acknowledgement from staff either walking in or out of restaurant.
No apology on the wait for the food, ever after we make it clear that we had been waiting.
Partners meal came out way before mine, even though we ordered on the same check! He could have probably eaten half his meal before mine came out!
Cold food - had eggs bene - eggs and hollandaise sauce were luke warm at best. Made me feel physically sick!
Am currently a local at Airlie beach and will 100% never be retuning here! Even with the amazing view if I could I would score this place a zero! Very upset with our visit and be lack of attention from staff - this place was recommended to us but I certainly will never recommend it to anyone. Annoyed I didn't ask for a refund but I felt so sick I had to leave before vomiting on the table!

NaomiMcKinnon, Owner at Fat Frog Beach Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Hi Becki, sorry to say but posting such a review on social media, rather than speaking to us face-to-face at the time, is of no help to us at all. It gives us no opportunity to investigate, or to have the chance to rectify the problem, which needless to say would be our preferred way of handling a situation such as this. From the date of your post I am assuming you were with us Friday. It was an unusually busy day with many large groups with complicated orders which can slow down both the ordering and also preparation time in the kitchen given that everything is prepared fresh to order. Having said that we did ensure people were made aware when ordering that there would be a slight delay on meals. I am truly sorry that this was your experience but I can honestly assure you that this is a one in one thousand occurrence. And again, please please please next time you have an experience such as this at ANY restaurant or café, please give the business and the staff the opportunity to make it good then and there.
Naomi :)))

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Really good food. Lovely muffins, both the sweet and savoury. Generous butter for savoury ones.Dog friendly. Provides water for them and I was told there is a doggy menu. Saw one dog eating doggy meat balls. Real tea leaves. Opposite the beach so lovely view. Can eat inside or out. Newspapers and magazines.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Beautiful views and great food. Took a bit but it was a busy day. Very cozy feeling , great decor. I love the chairs outside !