“The extra mile”

and 1 more site!
Virginia's Guesthouse Kenmare
Ranked #22 of 61 Kenmare B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Neil couldn't have been more helpful. I stayed with a friend to do the rok cycle and we booked a double bed by accident. We arrived too late on first night for anything to be done. While we were cycling the following day Neil.had all of our stuff moved to a new room so that we'd have our own beds after the cycle. I also forgot my hair dryer when checking out and he had no problem posting it forward to me. Also, the shower was amazing!! Great stay :)

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for a night as we travelled the Ring of Kerry with my elderly mother. This is a guesthouse with no breakfast but above a lovely cafe/restaurant that served delicious and imaginative breakfasts for all tastes at a very reasonable price.
Our room was quite small but perfectly adequate. Spotlessly clean, good shower and ensuite. Good value for a reasonable price.
There is loads of choice for restaurants and pubs on the doorstep. A free car park a little way away, free parking at night on the street if you are lucky enough to find a space.
We would stay there again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2016

Very uncomfortable bed - lots of springs. Loud music from restaurant downstairs, though they did turn off the outside speakers on request. Large room, very friendly staff. Great shower. Great location. Street parking only, 2 hours only between 11am and 4pm. Internet is OK, but not great. No breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms above restaurant patio gets loud music starting at 7:45 am to midnight. Closing windows doesn...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martha B
Reviewed 6 July 2016

Virginia's guesthouse is located smack dab in downtown Kenmare. The entrance to the guesthouse is adjacent to Mick and Jimmy's restaurant. The room itself was quite tiny, and we had a hard time sleeping because of street noise at night. However, the service itself was very nice. They have a small common room where you can relax with a cup of tea and a good book. We paid for breakfast in advance not knowing what to expect, but it included a breakfast of our choice from Mick and Jimmy's! We were very excited about this. I would definitely recommend Virginia's Guesthouse.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2016

Good value for a clean, comfortable room and good service.

I stayed at Virginia's in May of this year. Just found them through google in a frantic search for somewhere to stay that I could afford. They are very responsive to emails, but telephone will probably get you more direct service. The room was slightly dated, but that really doesn't matter when it is clean and comfortable. For the price, I was very happy. I got an en suite double room but they charged me only for a single. So much appreciated as I was on a tight budget.

I do wish breakfast had been included (who doesn't?:) but there was great tea and coffee service in a community room--even had French press coffee. The man attending (I am afraid I forgot his name in the passing weeks) was very kind, helped me find a place to store my bicycle.

It can be a bit noisy at night with the pub revelers, but that is what you get in Kenmare anywhere.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo