Review Highlights
Not what we expected

If you have small children this is worth a stop. I was expecting, lambs, goats, ponies. The care... read more

Reviewed 9 April 2017
gabriel411
Edmond, Oklahoma
The kids will love it.

A great stop on a tour of west Kerry. This family farm is very welcoming. It has many interesting... read more

Reviewed 20 June 2018
mickcampo
County Kilkenny, Ireland

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Dingle
from US$1,798.70
More Info
from US$60.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 August 2015

This was just a complete let-down to our family group. It was dirty, untidy with rotting seats beside a "playground" overgrown with grass and rusty toys which continued with broken toys in adjoining "playroom" - a dilapidated former outhouse! No effort whatsoever to make this an attractive experience for a family day out. There were no facilities whatsoever - no proper roadways to facilitate a pushchair for young children; no toilets or hand-washing area; no refreshments; nothing except a few miserable looking animals in field corners! The fee charged was a complete rip-off - do not waste your time and money going there!

Date of experience: August 2015
6  Thank frankos23
Reviewed 15 August 2015

The owners are genuine and down to earth. Yes the place isn't the Taj Mahal, but who would it expect it to be when caring for some many animals. Is a cross between Doc Dolittle, the DC Zoo and a typical country farm - all very quaint and absolutely worth every small 7 euro cost. The owners' on both our visits have been nothing but friendly and even let us feed the baby lambs this past May. Heck I cried tears of joy from this experience as they clamored around our feet and followed us down to their beautiful pastures. Their fields contained a full grown elk, a camel, buffalo, deer, a peacock, donkies, ponies, roosters, ducks, goats, lambs and lovely sheep hearding pups. Most can be petted, or at the very least are camera ready at fence level. The property is beautiful and one must take the .5 miles hike down to the stream to appreciate the rugged mountain side that borders this heavenly stretch of land. I will return again and again, as Scanlon's is a touch of Irish animal love for humans to appreciate and gain from being experienced.

Date of experience: May 2015
2  Thank cooffwego
Reviewed 16 July 2015

This cute little farm is a must see along dingles amazing sleigh head drive. Firstly the location is breath taking, with a view of the 3 sisters and the Atlantic. The farm is nestled at the base of mount Brandon, Ireland's second tallest mountain. The business is run by the family and has such a relaxed homely feel. The whole experience was so hands on, my kids and I got to hand feed baby lambs and rub baby piglets! The farm has all sorts of feathered friends from huge emu's to tiny little chicks and a peacock! After the main farm there's a lovely walk back the farm past fields of goats, sheep, cows, donkeys, ponies and deer! A path leads down to a gorgeous rivier cutting into the mountain with a little picnic table to relax at. I will definitely be recommending this to everyone, a must see when visiting dingle.

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed 10 July 2015 via mobile

This is not worth the money, don't go... Some of the areas had no animals at all In them.. And it is very run down and I have seen better places.. Keep you money for something more worth while..

Date of experience: July 2015
4  Thank kiaraenright
Reviewed 9 May 2014

7 euro might have been stretch...but after feeding a young baby lamb, I don't think I can eat lamb for awhile.

Puppies, ducks, sheep, goats, pigs, a peacock, emus, cows, chickens and a beautiful, secluded, and lovely creek in the way back...I don't know...my wife and I are silly peple and we were quite entertained overall.

Date of experience: April 2014