“excellent stay”

Talbot Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Belmullet
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

what a fab hotel, the bed and pillows were the most comfortable i have ever experienced. The room was excellent and the shower and bathroom were the best i have ever seen, The facilites in the room was second to none, they even provided a fridge so that you could have cold water. The meal was lovely, i had the hake and hubby had the fish cakes and it was lovely and tasty, however the dessert left alot to be desired. On the menu it was wild berry mess with merinque and fruit. What i got was a small glass with coloured cream, a few bits of fruit and very little merinque. for 6.90 i thought that was a rip off so I returned it and said to the waitress that it wasnt very nice, so she said no problem and i wasnt charged for it. It was a pity as the standard of food was so good but the dessert left it down.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Talbot H, Owner at Talbot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you Josie for your great review,
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and loved the hotel. The beds are exceptionally comfortable so much so that I selfishly got one for myself and have never regretted it. I will talk to the chef to see what has changed with the dessert as it used to be great and in a large glass at 5.90! It maybe down to some new staff member not realising how important ratio's are and why we use them, so thank you for letting us know it's definitely something we can work on. I'm glad to hear that your waitress handled the situation to your satisfaction. We hope you get a chance to return soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We stayed here for 3 nights and had a lovely stay, it has a boutique style to it and the food was lovely. Great service from friendly staff. I was a bit disappointed with the vegetarian menu. I don't like tofu or goats cheese and it seemed that's all there was.

Room Tip: I think any room would be beautiful
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
TalbotHotel2011, Owner at Talbot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

We're delighted you enjoyed your stay and especially the friendly staff. We hate to disappoint anyone and have changed our vegetarian menu this year to add more options at one stage it was only the one Vegetarian stir-fry or Vegetarian Lasagne but listening to our vegetarians who asked for something more imaginative we change this to include a sriracha tofu burger and the Sauteed Chickpea Curry along with the goats cheese salad or goats cheese panini. We also do different vegetarian options in the restaurant, but I could see if you are here for a number of days and don't like tofu or goats cheese you thought you had limited choice. I know our head chef Pat does vegetarian dishes for guests regularly whether its a mushroom pasta or stir-fry he does them fresh by request and we also have numerous vegetarian pizza options that he can do if requested. Please don't be shy in asking because we will always try to find something to suit everyone. I hope you get a chance to return and try us out.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

A very nice small hotel in Belmullet! Unique colors and decor; the rooms are ample size and nicely furnished. The food for breakfast and dinner was excellent. The only downside is that the showers did not drain well at all but I understand they are replacing the drains soon.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Talbot H, Owner at Talbot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Our chef will be delighted with such high praise for the food as will the kitchen team who put a lot of effort in and really care what people think, so thank you for putting a smile on there face.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We arrived in Belmullet on Wednesday 26th on a pure whim. I'm from Mayo but left many years ago. I had never been to Belmullet so we said we'd give it a try. There was only one room left in the hotel which was a suite. The lovely receptionist negotiated a very fair price for the room. When we got to the room it was stunning....four poster bed, coffee maker, fireplace and an amazing bathroom complete with fluffy robes and towels. We ate bar food there that night which was top quality. The staff who were very busy were extremely pleasant an efficient. Lovely freshly cooked breakfast the following morning. All in all a thoroughly enjoyable stay. We'll definitely be back.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
TalbotHotel2011, Owner at Talbot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

I am not surprised that you had never been to Belmullet before it is often the things on our doorstep that we never seem to get around to exploring but I'm so glad you did.
It is very busy in August and we are always worried that people may be missed when it's so hectic so I'm happy to hear that you loved the food and the staff were up to the job.
Thank you for spreading the good word and sure you might send a few more Mayo gang to explore Belmullet and Erris.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a night last week , it was a last minute decision to get away and I hurriedly booked this hotel online , one because it was in the ideal location , right in the middle of the Main Street in belmullet and two because it was very reasonably priced , when we arrived we were greeted by a very pleasant lady in reception , and allocated our room, here came the big surprise , the room was just lovely, one of the nicest I've ever stayed in , call me sad but I still get excited when I see bathrobes hanging in the bathroom, there was a fridge , coffee maker, bottle of water , free wifi and , they even had a deck for mobile phone to play music , the bed was the biggest treat of all , super king size and definitely the most comfortable I ever slept in , breakfast next morning didn't disappoint either , fresh tasty and served with a smile, I was only sorry we weren't staying for longer , belmullet is a lovely town to visit , it doesn't get near enough good press . I recommend this hotel to anyone , such a treat , it might be a bit of a journey but the scenery is worth it ,

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
TalbotHotel2011, Owner at Talbot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

It's true Belmullet and the Erris area is beautiful and has a lot to offer. Full of friendly locals and as you say the hotel's pretty good as well. It's nice to have the little extras you mention as so few bother now. We hope you get a chance to return and thank you for spreading the good word.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmullet
0.7 km away
1.5 km away
Kilcommon Lodge Hostel
Kilcommon Lodge Hostel
#2 of 4 in Belmullet

Been to Talbot Hotel? Share your experiences!