Talbot Hotel
Hotel Newport(Newport)
West View Hotel(Louisburgh)
Harbour Mill(Westport)
View Hotel
All reviewsnespresso machinefour poster bedjacuzzi bathhen partycrab clawsseafood platterseafood barfabulous hotellovely bathroombathrobes and slippersgreat attention to detailclub sandwichnext morningtop classsecond to nonebreakfast menuan absolute gem
Reviewed 4 September 2017

We stayed here for 3 nights and had a lovely stay, it has a boutique style to it and the food was lovely. Great service from friendly staff. I was a bit disappointed with the vegetarian menu. I don't like tofu or goats cheese and it seemed that's all there was.

Room Tip: I think any room would be beautiful
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
TalbotHotel2011, Owner at Talbot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

We're delighted you enjoyed your stay and especially the friendly staff. We hate to disappoint anyone and have changed our vegetarian menu this year to add more options at one stage it was only the one Vegetarian stir-fry or Vegetarian Lasagne but listening to our vegetarians who asked for something more imaginative we change this to include a sriracha tofu burger and the Sauteed Chickpea Curry along with the goats cheese salad or goats cheese panini. We also do different vegetarian options in the restaurant, but I could see if you are here for a number of days and don't like tofu or goats cheese you thought you had limited choice. I know our head chef Pat does vegetarian dishes for guests regularly whether its a mushroom pasta or stir-fry he does them fresh by request and we also have numerous vegetarian pizza options that he can do if requested. Please don't be shy in asking because we will always try to find something to suit everyone. I hope you get a chance to return and try us out.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

A very nice small hotel in Belmullet! Unique colors and decor; the rooms are ample size and nicely furnished. The food for breakfast and dinner was excellent. The only downside is that the showers did not drain well at all but I understand they are replacing the drains soon.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Talbot H, Owner at Talbot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Our chef will be delighted with such high praise for the food as will the kitchen team who put a lot of effort in and really care what people think, so thank you for putting a smile on there face.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We arrived in Belmullet on Wednesday 26th on a pure whim. I'm from Mayo but left many years ago. I had never been to Belmullet so we said we'd give it a try. There was only one room left in the hotel which was a suite. The lovely receptionist negotiated a very fair price for the room. When we got to the room it was stunning....four poster bed, coffee maker, fireplace and an amazing bathroom complete with fluffy robes and towels. We ate bar food there that night which was top quality. The staff who were very busy were extremely pleasant an efficient. Lovely freshly cooked breakfast the following morning. All in all a thoroughly enjoyable stay. We'll definitely be back.

2  Thank gggann0n
TalbotHotel2011, Owner at Talbot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

I am not surprised that you had never been to Belmullet before it is often the things on our doorstep that we never seem to get around to exploring but I'm so glad you did.
It is very busy in August and we are always worried that people may be missed when it's so hectic so I'm happy to hear that you loved the food and the staff were up to the job.
Thank you for spreading the good word and sure you might send a few more Mayo gang to explore Belmullet and Erris.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a night last week , it was a last minute decision to get away and I hurriedly booked this hotel online , one because it was in the ideal location , right in the middle of the Main Street in belmullet and two because it was very reasonably priced , when we arrived we were greeted by a very pleasant lady in reception , and allocated our room, here came the big surprise , the room was just lovely, one of the nicest I've ever stayed in , call me sad but I still get excited when I see bathrobes hanging in the bathroom, there was a fridge , coffee maker, bottle of water , free wifi and , they even had a deck for mobile phone to play music , the bed was the biggest treat of all , super king size and definitely the most comfortable I ever slept in , breakfast next morning didn't disappoint either , fresh tasty and served with a smile, I was only sorry we weren't staying for longer , belmullet is a lovely town to visit , it doesn't get near enough good press . I recommend this hotel to anyone , such a treat , it might be a bit of a journey but the scenery is worth it ,

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
TalbotHotel2011, Owner at Talbot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

It's true Belmullet and the Erris area is beautiful and has a lot to offer. Full of friendly locals and as you say the hotel's pretty good as well. It's nice to have the little extras you mention as so few bother now. We hope you get a chance to return and thank you for spreading the good word.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We been touring all day and were recommended to check this place in Belmullet. Room awas nice, clean, beds comfortable. All in all, great place to stay and fantastic dining experience. We had fisherman plate or so called meal. It was AMAZING. Will be back for sure. Thanks to all staff.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Talbot H, Owner at Talbot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

The fisherman's platter is a great mix of hot and cold local seafood, the chef's make mackeral pate and a hearty fishcake to tie it all together so it's great for fish lovers.
We will look forward to your return and thank you Michael, for spreading the good word.