All reviews nice hotel steam room hen party business trip main street course meal last week double bed breakfast was excellent following morning cake gym cork residents ireland compliment races
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on a deal we got from escapes.ie , it was a nice hotel , the room was very nice, better than most 3* hotel rooms. It was clean and the bed was very comfortable.
We had a two course dinner included in our stay , we had booked dinner for 7:30pm and when we arrived at reception I double checked that it was booked but when we arrived down to the restaurant we were told it was full with a tour, why take a booking if it's going to be full? We wernt too bothered by it because we wanted to watch the match so we were able to have our dinner in the bar instead. We had soup and bruschetta as starters , the soup was nice but my boyfriend had asked for cheddar or mozzarella cheese on the bruschetta instead of goats cheese , the waitress said there was no grated cheese in the kitchen only slices of cheddar but that was fine with us, when the bruschetta arrived out it was just a slice of bread with a slice of cheese melted on it ? No tomatoes or onions or any normal thing that would be on a bruschetta. We both had steak for a main one well done and one blue, the waitress didn't know what a blue steak was , not bothered by this but maybe give some basic training on service and food knowledge. Mains were nice. We decided to have some dessert and ordered the apple and bread pudding to share , there was no apple in it , just sultanas.

Over all it was a nice stay. Maybe just give the staff some training , they seemed abit lost and like they didn't know what was going on , it would make all the difference, they are all friendly though.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kieran O, General Manager at The Hibernian Hotel and Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2017

Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that you and your partner had a good overall visit with us.
I would have been keen to hear your comments on the evening in question when I could have addressed your concerns at that time.
Our hotel employs many students for the summer months. We give ongoing training to them all. Our summer months make for one long training programme. I agree that training is always essential to any business.
We pride ourselves very much in the calibre of staff that we have working for us. They are hard working, mannerly, polite and, as you so rightly pointed out, "they are all friendly". If we were lacking in some service knowledge at the time of your visit, we do apologise. However, we are confident that we have an eager and enthusiastic team of young people working in The Hibernian Hotel.
I have noted your comments and your feedback will most certainly benefit further training of our team.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

Called into the Hibernian Hotel today for a bite to eat with my wife for lunch. There was a full carvery lunch available and also sandwich/salad lunch menu. I decided to go with the roast beef carvery lunch which was very tasty and my wife went with the peri peri salad which looked delicious. We sat down in the coffee dock area the staff were very friendly and accommodated. Myself and my wife extremely enjoy our meal and was very happy about the experience we had. We decided to grab our coffees to go as we were in a rush, we noticed a coffee kiosk at the end of the coffee dock which is part of the hotel. When we ordered our coffees the girl serving us came across very rude and looked disinterested in her job. I understand that people have bad days and working in the hospitality industry can be stressful work but she made it seem as if we had caused her bad mood. It was disappointing because we were praising the place before we got the coffees and walked out the door on a very sour note. Afterwards when we were back at the car my wife noticed a blonde hair in her take away coffee cup, it was not my wife hair as she is dark. We did not go back with them as the car was parked a bit away from the hotel and couldn't face that server again,

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BryanMac2

Hello Barry,
I am sorry to hear that what started out as a positive experience in The Hibernian Hotel finished on a unfortunate note.
I apologise for any poor service that you received and I will follow up with the personnel in question.
I would, however, like to point out that our new 'kiosk' at the end of the restaurant is only up and running for a mere 2 days. It is a new project for the hotel and as with most new ventures it has some areas that need ironing out. Our staff have are learning how to make barista style coffees and all that that entails. There are a lot of detailed steps to be perfected in barista skills. I will take on board your comments and we will strive to improve our barista service.
Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to alert me to your situation 2 days ago.

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

It was a great time with hubby. Amazing service and deal. The staff are good. And mostly I was amazed about the way the room were so clean and biģ...
The hotel is based on the main street and 30 min away from Cork and 45 min from Kinsale..

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aline N

Thank you for your lovely comments Aline.
Glad that you enjoyed your stay with us last week.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

pros:

-nice hotel and good location.
-superb leisure club. Unlike some other places, the jacuzzi and hot tub are always ON. we really enjoyed.
- breakfast was not a buffet, but was tasty
- 2 course meal was also good

cons:
-nothing much really.
- receptionist said initially that she will call us and give the WIFI password as the system was not working when we checked in. That call never came. Wasn't a major issue though.

Stayed May 2017,, travelled with family

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Having been for Easter 2016 with 4 friends, we returned again with a party of 12!
The Hibernian did not disappoint, Tracy was a dream to deal with and made the process quick and easy. Two of us made all the reservations for the group and it couldn't have been easy dealing with both of us.
Check in was smooth and wifi codes provided, we had a gorgeous room at the front of the hotel, the bathroom was huge with separate shower and bath to die for. Everyone said how nice there rooms were
Kathleen looked after us again in the restaurant and kept our group in line (they needed it!) The menu choices were great and the portion sizes were huge, we were definitely over fed.
Breakfast again was plentiful and set you up for the day. We had a large table reserved for us each day which made it a lot easier with 12 of us.
We went to Cork Races on Sunday and Monday and took advantage of the complementary coach transfer, though Sunday was a bit of a bum fight on the way back. On Sunday night the nightclub opens, so the hotel is very busy in the bar etc, I would suggest staying in the restaurant later and then move to the bar once the club opens
Overall another brilliant weekend, already reserved for next year. Thanks Hibernian we're hooked x

Date of stay: April 2017