“A memorable experience!”
Review of The Lazy Italian

The Lazy Italian
Ranked #39 of 79 Restaurants in Kinsale
Reviewed 9 May 2018

My wife, myself and our son all thoroughly enjoyed dinner at The Lazy Italian. My son and I shared a very nice Crostini Rainbow for a starter. While everything on the menu was tempting we each chose a different special of the evening. I had the Baked Monkfisk with oranges, almonds and sun dried tomatoes. My sides were steamed asparagus and roasted potatoes. Quite a large portion of monkfish and delicious! My wife had the Butternut Squash Ravioli and loved it and the wine recommended by our waitress. Our son had the Homemade Tagliatelle with Venison Ragu and declared it excellent as well. Next a lovely Grappa Amarone as a digestive. Then the amazing Mousse al Pistachio! My wife, who does not care for pistachios and was too full to order dessert, tasted mine and proceeded to “help” me finish it. Get this! You can thank me later. Be sure to include a little of the purée in the bottom of the dish in every bite.

1  Thank 165jim

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

We visited the lazy Italian today and it was nothing but an incredible experience. For starters, we shared some antipasti and calamari. For mains, I had the tagliatelle venison ragu & my friends had the duck ragu with dark chocolate and orange which was outstanding! For desert, we shared the homemade pistachio mousse and tiramisu and they were both sublime. The staff are incredibly friendly and we had a lovely chat with the owners Ricardo and Kelly. They also have a beautiful courtyard out the back that is worth checking out. This is an amazing restaurant and a must visit when in kinsale. Already looking forward to our next visit!

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

The pasta's are al dente, their antipasti are gorgeous especially the aubergine parmigiani. Their desserts are well made, real tiramisu with real mascarpone, not too sweet, just perfect! And after a great and a beautiful wine selection, you go and enjoy a nice espresso outside in the little patio/garden they have, just lovely!

3  Thank Ralphase
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We were a large group booked for a busy Sat night in Kinsale . We were unfortunately delayed arriving but the restaurant could not have been more accommodating . Our waitress Kate was so lovely and quickly served us starters and the best Portuguese red wine I have tasted . She was also very knowledgable about the area . We all ordered different mains , though everything was delicious , the pasta dishes were exceptional . The restaurant has a lovely cosy atmosphere and very relaxed . We felt very welcome and unusually for us (and fortunately )we stayed for the lovely home made desserts ... though we had to share we were so full ! Highly recommend this restaurant .

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Don’t go here! It took 2 hours to get a mediocre at best meal. The atmosphere is pathetic, there were only 3 other tables occupied and our waitress was clueless. Asked her about the soup d jour and she had no idea what was even in it. I had the “fruits de mer “ which was cold and tasteless. Every meal we had in Kinsale was excellent, but this place should close down! Awful.