“Gorgeous Easter Sunday Meal after waiting a year to visit.”

Restaurant Darcy Twelve
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Clifden
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My parents had visited already and loved it but we were dying to try it with them.
Gorgeous cosy decor and the friendliest of staff who know their food, know their drinks and will bend over backwards to help.
My blue cheese and black pudding starter was light and fresh as well as delicious. My Dad had the salmon, crab and prawn starter and said it’s one of the best starters he ever had! The freshest of seafood. The last starter of a ham hock terrine was meaty and moreish.
For mains we had steak which was cooked so well, fish and chips which were demolished and a wonderfully light batter, the seafood platter which was so fantastic my husband forgot to have any of the beautiful NZ Sauvignon Blanc he had ordered to go with it and finally, my burger with smoked cheese and bacon was out of this world!
We rounded off with two apple tarts, the most gorgeous fresh strawberry and mascarpone desert with home made shortbread on the side and a chocolate brownie with a specially accommodated portion of butterscotch sauce!!
What a meal...Absolutely worth waiting for.
We can’t wait to visit again and it’s great to have such a gem in Clifden really shaking things up. A credit to the chef and his really hard working team who were all so welcoming.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

This restaurant is in the town square. The interior is very attractive and the service was great. The menu was varied and interesting and each main included a suggested wine pairing. I had the lamb and it was perfect. The vegetables were fresh tasting and ideally prepared. I had the red wine that was suggested as a pairing with the lamb and it worked out very well. The restaurant only opens Thursday-Sunday, but this may change during the busier Summer months.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

I drove through Clifden last September with my mother and we spotted this cute place. There seemed to be people sitting in the window and queuing outside so after walking up an appetite we returned. The best dining experience we have ever had in Clifden! The interior is cute too. And we have holidayed there for many consecutive years. The place was busy but tables overturned quickly and it was worth the short wait! The waiter was polite and consistent. But as for the food, this truly tingled our tastebuds. We shared a crab salad starter which was served with homemade brown bread. I then had the fish and chips. Never have I had fresher fish. My husband had the scallop special which was to die for accompanied by a side of steamed vegetables. There was a choice of three desserts and we had two! Great coffee. We returned the next morning for a takeaway coffee and scone! We are returning to Clifden over Paddy's weekend and have already booked in! Well done to all involved.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

This was an amazing find! The food, drinks, atmosphere and friendly staff were excellent! All the food was so delicious and great quality. Couldn't recommend this place enough and will definitely be returning!

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Darcy twelve is one of the best dining experiences I have ever had from start to finish. We were greeted as soon as we got in the door, our table was ready for us in a lovely corner towards the rear of the restaurant. We got two menus each, one regular evening menu and also a new Christmas menu which was a set 3 course meal for €25 (excellent value). I ordered the steak of the regular menu, cooked to perfection, medium rare with sautéed onions and mushrooms, a side of chips and a side of pepper sauce. My partner ordered of the Christmas menu, the black pudding salad to start, Thai green curry for main and the brownie for dessert, we shared the starter and desert. The black pudding salad was probably the nicest salad I have ever tasted, locally sourced black pudding accompanied with walnuts and a lovely dressing. The Thai green curry had a mixture of vegetables and she picked it to come with chicken, but you could also get either prawn or vegetarian. You could tell this curry was made from scratch and not from a packet. By the time it came to eat dessert we were already full from our meals (very generous portions). The brownie came with a scoop of ice cream, chocolate sauce, fresh cream and some fruit, we ate every bit! I know there is plenty of restaurants to pick from in Clifden but I could not recommend it enough, from the service to the food itself I could not fault one thing. 5 stars!

2  Thank William O