“Every window a beautiful vista”

and 1 more site!
Shealane Country House
Reviewed 16 July 2017

My mother and I stayed here for one night, after originally looking for b&bs in Portmagee. We were directed across the bridge by another b&b owner who was fully booked, and thank goodness for that! Mary was an absolute gem and the epitome of Irish hospitality. She showed us to our room which had windows on 3 sides of the house - each with incredible views of the Irish countryside. Our room was impeccably clean and so comfortable. It was located about a 15 min walk to downtown Portmagee (where Mary had provided us dining recommendations). There was ample parking, and breakfast was delicious. We absolutely loved staying there and would be back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 247abbym

Reviewed 14 July 2017

I stayed at the Shealane for 2 nights in July 2017, in order to easily visit the Skelling Islands, and ended up loving my first B&B experience. The purple bedroom was quiet and comfortable with a fantastic bathroom, including towel warming rack.

Mary and Jim are wonderful hosts that can cook a grand breakfast (served in a peaceful room with a view) and were very helpful upon explaining the sights of the island and surrounding areas.

Valentia Island itself was worth seeing; small and quiet – it offered gorgeous views, good food and great livestock action. Would definitely go back. Loved it!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank tkmah
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

My friend and I stayed at Shealane for 2 nights based on it's proximity to Portmagee and Skellig Michael where we had booked one of the Landing Tours. From the onset Mary was very timely and thorough with communication and when we arrived greeted us warmly and gave us the run down of the island, sights, restaurants etc. The rooms are spacious, immaculate and very comfortable. It was the best shower/bathroom of all the places we stayed - complete with shower gel and shampoo. The rooms all have coffee/tea and Mary provided a small fridge and waters that she stocked each day. Breakfast was great (toastie and the Irish Breakfast) and her brown bread was the best I had of any place we visited. Both Mary and Jim were lovely and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit. Valentia Island was a great place to decompress and enjoy the quiet of country life. I'd happily stay there again if I was visiting the Ring of Kerry.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wendy F
Reviewed 11 July 2017

My wife and i have stayed last june 4 nights in Shealane Country House.
We really loved every second of our stay here.
Our room (nr 1) gives Beautiful views to the sea (& the same in the breakfast room).
The bedroom was nice decorated, and was very functional (everything you need was in the room).
The breakfast was super !
Mary has made our reservation for Skellig Michael (many thanks for it)
I'll give this B&B a 9,5, what is very exceptional (for a perfect 10, the terrace needs some flowers and other decorations, but due to the great views from the terrace, this is just a very very small point of critic).
The hosts, Mary and Jim, were such a nice people.
If we return to Valentia Island, we will surely stay again in the lovely Shealane Country House.
Dirk & Kristien

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank postiljon
Reviewed 7 July 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Shealane Country House back in May 2016. We were so pleased with our room (top floor master) and the peaceful country seaside setting. Our hosts were so pleasant and the food was spectacular. Mary helped us find reservations on the Skelligs Island boat service and we had spectacular weather for the journey to Skelligs.

Room Tip: Top floor for the excellent views