Glanleam House(Valentia Island)
US$183
Coombe Bank House(Knightstown)
  • Breakfast included
Atlantic Villa(Valentia Island)
Carraig Liath House(Valentia Island)
TripAdvisor
Horizon View Lodge BnB(Valentia Island)
Ring Lyne(Chapeltown)
  • Restaurant
Danu House(Chapeltown)
Cuas A'gamhna(Valentia Island)
All reviewsbreakfast roomacross the bridgeskellig michaelring of kerryfrench toastfull irish breakfastskellig islandboat tripwonderful hostsb bstoastiesbeautiful viewher husbandlast juneenjoyed our visitthought of everythingfluffy towels
Reviewed 24 July 2017

We booked a two night stay lastweek but we stayed 3 .

The B&B is just superb we would normally take a hotel break but we decided we really wanted the Irish feel even though we live in Dublin. I have traveled every county and some of the small islands off Irelandx
our stay with Jim & Mary made me fall in love again with my own country.
I cannot fault anything.
We will be back this place has it all location and the feel for the real Ireland .
Thank You Jim & Mary you restored my faith in Irish hospitality

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Linda F
Reviewed 16 July 2017

My mother and I stayed here for one night, after originally looking for b&bs in Portmagee. We were directed across the bridge by another b&b owner who was fully booked, and thank goodness for that! Mary was an absolute gem and the epitome of Irish hospitality. She showed us to our room which had windows on 3 sides of the house - each with incredible views of the Irish countryside. Our room was impeccably clean and so comfortable. It was located about a 15 min walk to downtown Portmagee (where Mary had provided us dining recommendations). There was ample parking, and breakfast was delicious. We absolutely loved staying there and would be back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank 247abbym
Reviewed 14 July 2017

I stayed at the Shealane for 2 nights in July 2017, in order to easily visit the Skelling Islands, and ended up loving my first B&B experience. The purple bedroom was quiet and comfortable with a fantastic bathroom, including towel warming rack.

Mary and Jim are wonderful hosts that can cook a grand breakfast (served in a peaceful room with a view) and were very helpful upon explaining the sights of the island and surrounding areas.

Valentia Island itself was worth seeing; small and quiet – it offered gorgeous views, good food and great livestock action. Would definitely go back. Loved it!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank tkmah
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

My friend and I stayed at Shealane for 2 nights based on it's proximity to Portmagee and Skellig Michael where we had booked one of the Landing Tours. From the onset Mary was very timely and thorough with communication and when we arrived greeted us warmly and gave us the run down of the island, sights, restaurants etc. The rooms are spacious, immaculate and very comfortable. It was the best shower/bathroom of all the places we stayed - complete with shower gel and shampoo. The rooms all have coffee/tea and Mary provided a small fridge and waters that she stocked each day. Breakfast was great (toastie and the Irish Breakfast) and her brown bread was the best I had of any place we visited. Both Mary and Jim were lovely and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit. Valentia Island was a great place to decompress and enjoy the quiet of country life. I'd happily stay there again if I was visiting the Ring of Kerry.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Wendy F
Reviewed 11 July 2017

My wife and i have stayed last june 4 nights in Shealane Country House.
We really loved every second of our stay here.
Our room (nr 1) gives Beautiful views to the sea (& the same in the breakfast room).
The bedroom was nice decorated, and was very functional (everything you need was in the room).
The breakfast was super !
Mary has made our reservation for Skellig Michael (many thanks for it)
I'll give this B&B a 9,5, what is very exceptional (for a perfect 10, the terrace needs some flowers and other decorations, but due to the great views from the terrace, this is just a very very small point of critic).
The hosts, Mary and Jim, were such a nice people.
If we return to Valentia Island, we will surely stay again in the lovely Shealane Country House.
Dirk & Kristien