Garryvoe Hotel(Garryvoe)
US$161
US$106
US$145
Hotels.com
Fota Island Resort(Fota Island)
US$204
US$173
1,912 results
All reviewsbell towerknights barjunior suiteafternoon teagolf clubgarden roomstar experiencepure luxurymanor housebeautiful hotelstar servicespa treatmentswedding partylovely groundstop classeast corknespresso machine
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Just back from our 3rd stay in Castlemartyr. Yet again it was fantastic.

It is a really lovely hotel but for me it is the staff that make the place and the fact we recognised so many from our previous stays, I take as a good sign.

I cannot recommend this place enough for any couple with a young family. The staff are extremely accommodating and understanding making it quite child friendly.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
GMCastlemartyr, Guest Relations Manager at Castlemartyr Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Dear Eimear,
Many thanks for your five star review.I am delighted that you had another wonderful stay with us.I will be sure to pass on your review to all the team.
Looking forward to welcoming you back for your fourth stay.
Kind regardrs,

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed mid week this time which was a change , hotel was quiet and we found it very relaxing from the moment we arrived. Our room was ready and got upgraded to a large room (room 14) which had a large sleeping area , walk in wardrobe with a large bathroom. It was really very nice and we were so comfortable for our stay! The beds are so comfortable we had the best sleep. We had lunch in the golf club for a change and this was very nice as the views are lovely and so is the food. The lady That served us was very friendly and she was excellent. Dinner in Franchini’s was delicious as usual and staff were very efficient and pleasant. Breakfast was delicious with a large range available in buffet area and in the order menu, we sat at the window and the view was beautiful! Staff at breakfast were so pleasant.
We also availed of room service during our stay and I can highly recommend the chocolate fondant with salted caramel ice cream it won’t disappoint!

Castlemartyr is really a lovely relaxing stay and the grounds and walks around are very nice.

The one suggestion I would make is that it would be nice to have the option to use the spa facilities such as the vitality pool and relaxation rooms at a fee if you are not getting Spa treatments as it might be a more relaxing option for guests rather than using the main pool.

We will be returning without a doubt and would recommend to anyone if they are looking for relaxation , good food and luxury! Also the cocktails are a must have during your stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to write a such a detailed review.I am delighted to read that you enjoyed all of our facilities and that you had the best nights sleep and that you enjoyed our chocolate fondant.
We look forward to welcoming you for your return stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Very beautiful hotel. The gardens were amazing. The suite was perfect, very well decorated and comfy. The service was good but not amazing. The staff were nice. The breakfast could have more healthy options.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RitaSoares

Dear Rita,
Many thanks for your review.I have noted all of your comments.I am delighted to read that you found your suite to be "perfect" and our staff to your liking.
We will certainly look at more healthy options for breakfast.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Just wanted to pop over a review to thank the team for everything yesterday at our booking. Everything was excellent from the menu, room, service and food!

We really couldn’t fault it and everyone was so pleased with the food. The little gift from the team was so thoughtful aswell.

I will definitely think of yourselves in the future for any events and I’m sure my friends and family will also.

Again, thanks so much for everything it was an excellent day.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Natoc5

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review.I am delighted that everything was excellent for you and that you will be thinking of us again for your next family event.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

We were very exciting about going to this 5 star hotel and generally everything was ok but it was the lack of attention to details really let it down
The positives first
Clean room on arrival and very spacious
Lovely shower
Extremely comfortable beds
Really friendly general staff
Very nice Italian restaurant with really good waiters and excellent food
However the negatives were pretty significant
House keeping was awful
We returned after a day out to find dirty tissues left on the floor uncleaned sink area and no toiletries replenished
The fine dining in the Bell Tower was not fine dining - our waitress was very abrupt and had a strict manner she also stood on my foot twice with no apology
The food was just ok and we had to wait quite long time to get starters
Breakfast was a mixed bag my husband had gorgeous eggs benedict but my breakfast was bizarre - I got slices of smoked salmon (no flavour) a plain crepe and some kind of weird hot potato salad
The buffet look ok and maybe some of the other options would have been better
I would also mention the heat of our room was extremely hot we did have a thermostat but the room stayed on the too warm side for most of the 2 days
Keep in mind this hotel is vast and we were put in a room that was completely at the other end and a fair hoof to any of the amenities
Friday was very busy and children everywhere running riot obviously I don’t blame the hotel
For this but the were children and breastfeeding in the bar after 8 and no chance of a quiet drink not a romantic place at the weekends
but for 5 stars and the price things should have been better
However we would like to stay again and maybe make any complaints known to the hotel

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lynevet

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review with the negatives and positives of your stay.I will be meeting with our Accommodation Manager regarding your room as our standard is normally what you would expect from a five star hotel and not as you found it.
I apologise about the abruptness of the staff member in our fine dine restaurant.I agree that this is not acceptable and as a result we will be rolling out a refresher course in customer service to highlight this serious drop in our usual five star service.
I appreciate your feedback and it is very valid.We will be addressing all of your comments.
I am delighted that you will be returning. I would request that you ask for me on arrival as I would like to personally welcome you to our Resort.
Guest relations Manager