All reviewsloughrea hotelrooftop barthermal suitelake viewlovely hotellir barfunction roomrelaxing breakfriends weddinggalway cityfood was lovelysteam roomlast weekendwould highly recommend this hotelfrom start to finishwedding receptiontop class
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

First of all the website we used to book the hotel didn't complete it properly ??? I don't know why... but the lady in reception was brilliant and the room we got was fantastic plenty of space.. the chowder was fantastic 5***** . Really enjoyed the dinner and breakfast was brilliant ... to be honest can't wait to go there again... staff very nice and friendly... allover experience fantastic stay and beds are so comfortable.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Victoria W, Director of Sales at Lough Rea Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Hi there Brendan,

Great to hear from you and thanks a million for your review.
Delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the 5 star chowder review ,chef was thrilled. We are so lucky to have excellent food suppliers here in the hotel and our seafood suppliers are top class! As our head chef Mareks says " It has to start with the best locally sourced ingredients" that is the key to a good chowder!!
We look forward to seeing you again soon- next time book direct with us and you will get the best value and we will make sure you have the same room. Contact our reservations manager Mary on reservations@loughreahotelandspa.com

See you soon

Reviewed 9 July 2018

stayed here for an overnight whilst down visitng friends - the rate was a little pricey for loughrea - I would expect to pay this in the city but we could not complain! The room was beautiful as was bar. very busy as there was a wedding on. we did not dine in the hotel apart from breakfast which was very good - lovely friendly staff - I would go back again - great spa too!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Hi there btubridy2014,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. Myself and the team are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward in welcoming you back to Lough Rea soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

I booked this hotel for my boyfriend and I as we had a wedding and we were staying the night. We checked in and got a friendly hello and a big welcome. We were given our room and off we went. We landed in our room and to be honest I was very shocked our room was so nice and had a lovely view. The room was spotless. I was very impressed. We headed down to the wedding reception and ha da few nibbles and drink that were delicious. We headed in awhile later into the room. The meal was vey nice and I was full after it. The portion sizes were very generous. The room was done really well. The staff were brilliant. The next morning we headed down for the breakfast and we went up for our breakfast and the chef was there placing it on a plate for you which I thought was very handy. I would recommend this hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Victoria W, Director of Sales at Lough Rea Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Hi there Leesa789,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review.
Andrew our housekeeping manager and his team take great pride in our rooms and he will be delighted with your feedback. You are right when you say you get a surprise with the view. We have lovely lake and country side views to choose from. Also with the weather we have had recently the air conditioning works a treat.
Delighted you enjoyed the wedding and we do hope you will come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

I just wanted to say thank you to the wonderful and lovely staff who made our stay such a success. It was my sister’s hen party and they kindly gave us three rooms near each other. Mary in Reservations was a delight to speak to and really helpful. Donna and Ciara on reception were so kind and helpful, and sorted us with tape for the decorations and toothpaste when we forgot ours. Cathal in the bar did our cocktail class and it was such a great ice breaker and he even made a cocktail that wasn’t on the menu, at the request of the bride to be. Dinner was served by Abby and Sophie (I think!) And they were so sweet and helpful, as we had two vegetarians in the group and there wasn’t a veg option on the menu. Very understanding.

The girls were all raving about their spa treatments too, so that was a lovely success as well.

Thank you so much for making my sister’s celebration a night to remember.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Hi there,
Wow what a review. Thank you so much for choosing us to host your sisters hen party. By the sounds of it she had a great time.
Our team were delighted to read your review and we really appreciate your feedback.
We are so lucky to have an amazing spa here in the hotel and the Shore Island Spa team really love what they do. It is the perfect choice for groups like you who want a more relaxed style hen party.
Thank you again and we wish your sister the very best of luck with all her wedding plans.
See you again soon

Reviewed 2 July 2018

From start to finish the Hotel was excellent. From reception drinks & nibbles, the wedding meal, service & staff, it was a great experience. I have to mention one staff member in particular, Donna McInerney, on reception. I forgot to bring my glasses & Donna helped me & got me a spare pair of glasses to get me through the day. If it was'nt for Donnas help, i would not have been able to take or look at any wedding photos. Thanks for your help Donna, it was very much appreciated

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Hi there Anne,
Thank you so much for your comments and we are delighted to you enjoyed the day.
Donna is thrilled about your review and she said it was her pleasure to help.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.