“A must!”

Mountain View Horse Riding Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Located just outside Doolin village on the outskirts of the Burren. Enjoy fantastic views of the magestic Cliffs of Moher, Aran Islands, Connemara Mountains and Galway Bay on horseback. Gallop along the beach on Ireland's west coast. Caters for everyone from beginner to advanced rider offering treks from 1 to 6 hours long.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A must!”
Reviewed 22 December 2011

My mother and I had an excellent ride at Mountain View. We are both experienced riders, but some what out of practice. She was concerned that we would be grouped with riders either far above or below our level. Fortunately we had the ride to ourselves, but there were other groups out that fell into both categories. Our guide Stephanie gave us a tour of the area, including the Cliffs of Moher and Galway Bay. Peter takes expert care of his animals. The horses were sweet and even tempered. I thoroughly enjoyed riding the sweet Irish Cobb Guinness. Peter and Stephanie were both very friendly and knowledgeable. We enjoyed chatting with them both after the ride. It was one of my favorite experiences during our trip, and I would not hesitate to return!

Visited August 2011
4 Thank registke04

• Korean first
Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic ride through beautiful Irish countryside”
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Peter runs a professional and caring horse riding stable. Very accommodating to allow you to fit the rides into your schedule. The horses are all just beautiful and exceptionally well behaved. A delight to ride. Thank you 'Tinkerbell' for 3 hrs of fun. Thank you so much Steph and Peter for giving me such a lovely day before I had to leave County Clare and head north. A big highlight of my entire trip. I wish I had more time to spend with you. the countryside and the lovely guiding by Steph were a treat. She was very informative and funny, with lots of amusing stories. What a treasure. You will be missed when you go home. Good luck with your studies. Will definitely be back for another few treks on our next trip.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank ShaunaAustralia
Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best way to truly experience Irish countryside”
Reviewed 14 October 2011

My husband and I took the one hour ride with Stefi as our horse guide. She made us feel so comfortable and I felt like we were riding with an old friend. The horses/ponies were perfectly behaved and easy to ride even for a gal who has never ridden an english saddle before. We saw great famine ruins, beautiful views of Galway Bay and Cliffs of Moher and just overall took a deep breath and relaxed. This was a repeat visit to Ireland and we were looking for some outstanding things to do outside of the traditional tourist places. Without a doubt I would recommend this to anyone who wanted to really experience Ireland.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Susan D
Rutland, Vermont
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Loved it!!”
Reviewed 3 October 2011

My sister and I used to ride a lot when we were younger but haven't much lately. The last
time we did I didn't have a good experience so I was a little nervous to do anything more than a walk. We talked with Stephi about this and she was very helpful in easing me back in the saddle again. When we did trot she was very watchful of me. This lady truly loves horses and it was great to be on a ride with her. She pointed out interesting sites along our ride and the hour went very quickly. My sister and I highly recommend this riding facility!
Thank you so much Stephi!!!

Judy and Peggy (Vermont)

Visited September 2011
2 Thank Judy B
Mwanza, Tanzania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“fabulous would have loved to have arranged more outrides”
Reviewed 28 September 2011

We arranged a 4 hour trek with Peter through his website, he was most accommodating, we arrived and Stef and Peter took us through the motions and introduced us to the horses, beautifull animals and so well mannered! My 9 year old rode Tinkerbell who followed Bluebell like she was joined at the hip, and I had Archy, no complaints they were great and Stef took the trouble to help my daughter with her riding technique. The lunch was well worth the wait, thanks Peter! and the views spectacular. We would have loved to have booked more outback rides with them, but we didnt have the time. It poured with rain during most of the 4 hours but this did not spoil the ride at all, if anything it added to the adventure.

Visited September 2011