“Wonderful food”

Ranked #10 of 121 Restaurants in Athlone
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Great food would recommend to anyone. Bit of a wait but was well worth it in the end. Looking forward to returning

1  Thank KennyMayo

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Everything about The Left Bank I've top notch. From the service to the atmosphere and of course the food! All of it was delicious, particularly the duck and the pigs on the green. Fantastic!

1  Thank MizMunce
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We visited twice in the one day on Saturday 18th November. We were in the town for a weekend away and were out for a wander around Athlone when we saw a lovely sign “a yawn is a silent cry for coffee” and that was it, in we had to go :) I had a latte and lemon cheesecake, he had tea and a choc fudge tart. Both were divine, and as we left, we made a reservation for dinner that night.
We were early arriving so had the benefit of choosing from the early bird menu. Our choices were made quickly, I had Brie to start and he had pork spring roll. Mains were vegetarian with noodles for me and beef cheek for him. Oh my goodness, the food was amazing, we were both really pleased with our choices and shared, reluctantly. Desserts again were fab.
We were very pleased to have found this little restaurant, they were very busy and we were lucky to get a table. As we left at 7.30 it was filling quickly and looking like a full house for the night.
Staff were excellent on both occasions, friendly and helpful, chatty and attentive but not imposing, which is a hard balance to carry off.
Facilities were excellent, clean and brightly lit.
We live about an hour away and would almost consider it being worth the drive each way!

4  Thank MotherGoose2011
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Was in athlone recently for the first time and we were feeling peckish around lunchtime after a bit of shopping, we looked up TripAdvisor and the left bank cafe was recommended, my wife had a chicken burger with beautiful sauces and was astounded at how good it was, I had tandoori chicken and I must say it was divine, would highly recommend this cafe

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Stunning food, cooked to perfection. Deserts divine. Service was very good with pleasant staff and prompt delivery of food. We will definitely visit here again!