“Birthday night out”

Price range: US$6 - US$39
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Good out with my friends for on of their birthday's. Tapas were really good. 4 cocktails for 20 Euro was a good bargain for the world cup... Would go back again.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Love the food and atmosphere in The Market Bar there’s always a good buzz around when we go to eat! We can’t get enough of the nachos!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 28 May 2018

We are regular visitor to the Market Bar but hadn't managed to be there for the Chow Down weekend in quite a while. I have to say it's as good as ever!!! Gorgeous, full of flavour, massive portions! Also had the meat platter, tempura fish and sliders. All delicious- left absolutely stuffed!! Staff are always so friendly. Great buzz for a Saturday night. Great spot for the town.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 25 April 2018

I went there for lunch with my husband and my daughter and ordered Pil Pil prawns with skinny fries and some side salad. The menu states that the prawn dish contains gluten, peanuts and shellfish. On ordering I asked the waitress to ensure that there is no dairy in my salad dressing, reiterating that I had dairy intolerance. I trusted that if the menu states that a dish is not supposed to contain an allergen it will arrive true to the menu description. After being served I ate my lunch without much suspicion, the prawns were served in a small, shallow clay dish and were covered with oil. The food was delicious and I finished it all except for the crusty bread that was served on the side.
After eating my prawns I noticed a gooey, light coloured substance in the dish, when I lifted it out with the fork and looked at it closely it looked a lot like cream, I tasted a tiny drop and it tasted like cream!
We asked the waitress if the dish contained cream, she said that it didn’t but that she will go and check in the kitchen. When she came back, she said it was butter! To be honest, I still believe it was cream and somehow the kitchen staff thought it was better to say it was butter - as if it is not dairy!
Since then I have been suffering for 3 days with serious digestive problems, and thus I am very unhappy with the entire experience.
I used to go to the Market Bar for lunch quite a lot to this place in 2016 and I used to order this same dish, it had never before caused me any health issues.
As a person with dietary needs, I find it very frustrating that I cannot trust a menu, or the kitchen staff to stick to what’s on their menu, or the waitress and her ability to communicate my message to the kitchen. If a person have a serious nut or shellfish allergy, such a careless behaviour can kill them! If a person has gluten or dairy or other food intolerance they will be sick for days! Maybe the staff thinks food intolerances are unimportant because they are not deadly? People just seem to lack understanding of how distressing, and physically and mentally exhausting it is to have a reaction to a certain food.
I am very disappointed!

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank Alona C
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The food is always good! Make sure to get something of the nightly 'specials' menu as it is always a nice change

They constantly update their cocktail lists so you will always have a tasty refreshing drink each time

Date of visit: October 2017