“Sunday breakfast ”
Review of Ruby's

Ruby's
Ranked #27 of 111 Restaurants in Dundalk
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Having passed by Ruby's the last couple of years always insisting we must try it, my partner and I went there for Sunday breakfast recently. The staff were friendly and very quick to seat us and take our orders. We both opted for pancakes and coffee and were happy with both.

However Ruby's loses a point on the portion size (I received four small pancakes and my girlfriend got three, which came with an equally small amount of maple syrup) and the lack of milk alternatives (soy/almond/coconut) that are offered with their coffees. In 2017 it's odd to see a cafe/restaurant not offering any alternatives to milk when they can be bought cheaply wholesale or even in Aldi. This unfortunately meant that I was limited to black coffee.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

I have lunched here often with friends and have always been very happy with the various meals we've ordered. Staff are courteous and attentive. Last week I had a meal early in the evening with friends who came down from Dublin and it was lovely. It's a pretty place with tasty food and friendly staff. Only downside is that the toilets are upstairs so not suitable for people with limited mobility.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

The service here was excellent - we were met by an efficient and enthusiastic waiter who showed us to a table in the window. The waitress who took our order and served the food was no less efficient. However, the tablecloth was stained, presumably from breakfast, and the cutlery wasn't clean. We ordered sandwiches and coffee - it's nice to see that one can order a cup or a mug of coffee. The sandwiches were adequate although certainly not awe-inspiring, but the accompanying salad and slaw seemed sloppy.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Lunch is very good here. Our waiter was extremely friendly and efficient. The food was great. Simple but beautifully presented. My biggest fault would be the cakes, they really let the place down. Probably the first time in my life that I didn't take dessert.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

My wife and I visited Rubys for lunch. It was very busy and there seemed to be very few staff on duty. We ordered our food which took a while to come out. The lady that served us was very nice but seemed under pressure. The food was very good but I had to go and get myself for more water and another napkin as the staff were very busy and we couldn't get anyone's attention. Also the toilets are located upstairs which could make it difficult for somebody with mobility issues.