“Tasty”
Review of J.A.Belvedere

J.A.Belvedere
Ranked #74 of 112 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Description: J.A.Belvedere is the ideal place to visit any time! Come and see what head Anita has prepared for you! Delicious food served all day,
Reviewed 30 March 2017

I ordered soup. My friend a chicken roll and a pot of tea for two. Tomato soup was lovely. We waited and waited for the roll to come. In the meantime I ordered a house special sandwich as I was still hungry. When they came the tea was now cold so we poured a cup and asked for a warm up. The pot was taken away and eventually when we were finished eating returned with only hot water in it. We then requested a tea bag. The food was delicious and excellent value and the man who served us very nice. I will definitely go back and wish this cafe success. However the slow service will not suit anyone on a short lunch break. Everything is right in this cafe with a different Polish take on the food. All it needs is faster service.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

I popped into J.A.Belvedere Cafe out of curiosity as I have never been to a Polish restaurant before. It was after the lunchtime rush when I called around 1.45 pm. I expected it to have a few late diners but I was the only diner.
It is bright and cheerful inside and seems to be modeled on a European style restaurant in my humble opinion.
I studied the menu and settled for coffee and chocolate cake. The cake came with a lovely light custard' y sauce drizzled with chocolate sauce. No cream in sight. It was delicious and filling but not stodgy.
The coffee was Italian and tasted like more.(Americano)
All for only 5 Euro's.
The owner himself dealt with me and his wife cooked in the background which implied to me that it was a family run restaurant. The service was smart and efficient and all my questions were answered as I was very curious.
There were quite a few Sausage dominated items on the menu but also a lot of Pasta based dishes I observed as well. I will have to return another day to try true Polish food not just cake as it all looked delicious.
My only gripe was the lack of knowledge or availability of Coeliac Meals on the menu. I explained how my wife couldn't partake in most of the meals at this restaurant. I think the owner took it on board and maybe next time I can take my wife out to lunch.