“Worst meal I’ve had in Donegal”

Silver Tassie Hotel - Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 113 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Price range: US$7 - US$38
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A Word from our Head Chef Hi, my name is Karl Murtagh and I am the Head Chef at the The Silver Tassie Hotel with over 20 years experience satisfying the taste buds. Together with a dedicated and hard working team, my aim is to ensure all our customers enjoy a superb dining experience in the Hotel. The Silver Tassie Hotel has established itself as one of the town's most reliable establishments for good food and quality hospitality using only using the freshest ingredients in all our dishes. We take great pride in our food, as it is all freshly made on the site by our highly skilled and creative culinary staff. All our food is sourced locally and where possible using sustainable produces, all of our meats, fish and vegetable have full traceability. We have carefully planned our menus to ensure there is something to cater for all tastes with a great emphasis on fresh seafood and locally sourced meat with our "Tassie Steaks" our specialty dishes. Our Sunday Carvery Lunch is an experience not to miss out on with 5 courses to be enjoyed during a pleasant afternoon of dining. Children in your party can enjoy our Kiddies corner to make the day out relaxing and fun for all the family. Eating should be an experience, which is why we taken great care to ensure the restaurant is the epitome of comfort, wood paneled walls, crisp white linen table cloths, a large stone fireplace and sumptuous leather chairs ensure that the whole dining experience is a comfortable and memorable one. Your dining experience is strongly supported by friendly, attentive, and helpful staff who ensure you have everything you need, all you have to do it sit back, enjoy, indulgence and let us delight you! I look forward to welcoming you to The Silver Tassie Hotel and attending to your culinary needs and desires during your stay at the Hotel. Karl Murtagh
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped off here for some lunch and to watch the rugby on a Saturday afternoon. I opted for a baked potato with tuna and sweetcorn, my other half the silver tassie chicken baguette. The potato tasted off, like it had been cooked and kept for days and the bottom of the bowl was swimming in water, I ate the tuna and left the potato. The chicken baguette was just a small baguette with chicken, cheese and onion, very plain and certainly not what we expected for €13. Our bill came to €29.10 for a pint and a half of Guinness, my potato and the chicken baguette with a side of chips. High price for disgusting food, certainly will not be recommending to anyone.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

We live just outside Letterkenny so we eat pretty regulary at The Silver Tassie. There food is always first class with great friendly service & value. We have also stayed in The Silver Tassie and we would highly recommend it for any occasion. They also have a Spa and a hairdressers on site both with excellent service also. I cannot recommend The Silver Tassie highly enough and we are so lucky to have it in our town!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank scoobyLetterkenny
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

I always suggest eating here when I come over - as it’s got a extensive menu and there’s enough for us all here to find something we like.

Every dish is delicious and the generous proportions and the ambience built up with soft furnishings and the light of candles in little glass vases, along with the open fire always make me feel that I’m home.

I love this place. I sit over by the window and you forget that the other half is a bar with sport in the TV’s - it’s considerably well thought out.

Friendly efficient staff - I haven’t regretted a single meal that I’ve had here over the last 14 years.

1  Thank Flossie R
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

We ate in both the Hotel Restaurant and Bar during our stay in the hotel and the food was delicious each time.
All the staff are polite and friendly and the service was great, attentive but not intrusive.
The restaurant is spacious and comfortable, as is the bar and both are spotlessly clean.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Wedding day. Fantastic service great staff lovely surroundings friendly service reasonable price room was clean comfortable, car park was well located in the area. Bride and Groom were very well looked after though out the day. All guests were very happy with both their day and their food was fantastic and they enjoyed their breakfast meal before moving home

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant