“Our favorite spot for food. ”

Silver Tassie Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 113 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Price range: US$7 - US$37
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A Word from our Head Chef Hi, my name is Karl Murtagh and I am the Head Chef at the The Silver Tassie Hotel with over 20 years experience satisfying the taste buds. Together with a dedicated and hard working team, my aim is to ensure all our customers enjoy a superb dining experience in the Hotel. The Silver Tassie Hotel has established itself as one of the town's most reliable establishments for good food and quality hospitality using only using the freshest ingredients in all our dishes. We take great pride in our food, as it is all freshly made on the site by our highly skilled and creative culinary staff. All our food is sourced locally and where possible using sustainable produces, all of our meats, fish and vegetable have full traceability. We have carefully planned our menus to ensure there is something to cater for all tastes with a great emphasis on fresh seafood and locally sourced meat with our "Tassie Steaks" our specialty dishes. Our Sunday Carvery Lunch is an experience not to miss out on with 5 courses to be enjoyed during a pleasant afternoon of dining. Children in your party can enjoy our Kiddies corner to make the day out relaxing and fun for all the family. Eating should be an experience, which is why we taken great care to ensure the restaurant is the epitome of comfort, wood paneled walls, crisp white linen table cloths, a large stone fireplace and sumptuous leather chairs ensure that the whole dining experience is a comfortable and memorable one. Your dining experience is strongly supported by friendly, attentive, and helpful staff who ensure you have everything you need, all you have to do it sit back, enjoy, indulgence and let us delight you! I look forward to welcoming you to The Silver Tassie Hotel and attending to your culinary needs and desires during your stay at the Hotel. Karl Murtagh
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

We live in the Letterkenny area and the Tassie is our favorite place to go for dinner. The food is always lovely and the staff are so friendly and helpful, a lot of them seem to have been working there for a long time,which to me is always a good sign Keep up the good work guys & don’t change a thing.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

A group of four of us went for dinner the weekend before last as we were staying in Letterkenny for the weekend and people recommended us to go. It seemed extremely busy in the restaurant with confirmations as there was numerous kids running around. Firstly the management and customer service is appalling. We were seated close to the reception desk in the restaurant where we could hear the ongoing laughter and chat from the staff (supervisor included) We tried to grab someone attention as we wanted to order drinks. The manager was busy carrying plates but he kindly stopped and got a staff member over to me immediately. None of the staff or person in charge once came over and asked us how everything was and there appeared to be numerous staff and management on the floor. When we went to pay our bill there was extra items and drinks on our bill which we didn’t have which came to €60 extra. The lady at reception waited on a member of staff or management to come out but she kindly didn’t want us to wait any longer and deducted this of our bill. Some other table obviously got away with €60 of their bill. The food was top class but service and customer service training needs to be implemented for staff and management.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped off here for some lunch and to watch the rugby on a Saturday afternoon. I opted for a baked potato with tuna and sweetcorn, my other half the silver tassie chicken baguette. The potato tasted off, like it had been cooked and kept for days and the bottom of the bowl was swimming in water, I ate the tuna and left the potato. The chicken baguette was just a small baguette with chicken, cheese and onion, very plain and certainly not what we expected for €13. Our bill came to €29.10 for a pint and a half of Guinness, my potato and the chicken baguette with a side of chips. High price for disgusting food, certainly will not be recommending to anyone.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

We live just outside Letterkenny so we eat pretty regulary at The Silver Tassie. There food is always first class with great friendly service & value. We have also stayed in The Silver Tassie and we would highly recommend it for any occasion. They also have a Spa and a hairdressers on site both with excellent service also. I cannot recommend The Silver Tassie highly enough and we are so lucky to have it in our town!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank scoobyLetterkenny
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

I always suggest eating here when I come over - as it’s got a extensive menu and there’s enough for us all here to find something we like.

Every dish is delicious and the generous proportions and the ambience built up with soft furnishings and the light of candles in little glass vases, along with the open fire always make me feel that I’m home.

I love this place. I sit over by the window and you forget that the other half is a bar with sport in the TV’s - it’s considerably well thought out.

Friendly efficient staff - I haven’t regretted a single meal that I’ve had here over the last 14 years.

1  Thank Flossie R