“Went twice, poor on both occasions.”

Stateside American Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 112 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2017

We were staying at a hotel around the corner and decided to give this place a try as the hotel's food was rather expensive.

They managed to cock something up on both nights and where as most restaurants would apologise and fix the problem, they blame you. The first night we had ordered an extra portion of fries, they arrived with 2 and then said "Aw well I have 2 wrote down here" We took them anyway but they charged for them OK. I had ordered mash and chicken with pepper sauce, the mash was tasteless and the chicken seemed all juicy like it was half cooked.

Here's something to watch out for, on both nights my children had kids meals, they come with a free drink, you have to ask for it they don't tell you and on both nights the "free" drink was added onto the bill and charged for which had to be corrected so just keep an eye on that with the kids meals.

Speed isn't the aim of the game around here, on the second night we arrived at 5pm, we got our food at 5.50pm and no surprise it arrived wrong. I ordered a chicken fillet burger dressed, it arrived undressed and again the staff member didn't seem to care less, no apology or anything, "Aw well it doesn't say dressed here" I didn't want to argue and just took it. I then discovered it wasn't a chicken fillet it was one of these processed things made from 100% chicken fillet, it was OK yes but was cheap rubbish and not what you'd expect from a restaurant. I had also ordered Onion Rings, they arrived as a portion of tobacco onions and was told we don't do onion rings even though it was on the menu.

Don't think we'll be back.

3  Thank Davidni1

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

We ate in Stateside last night for a casual dinner, from the minute we walked in the door the staff were so friendly & welcoming! We had gorgeous food &a a really chilled evening, each staff member was nicer than the last and the service was sharp and efficient..: we will be back

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

Ordered the classic beef burger with chips and was not disappointed. I had a Latte as well. Great food. No complaints.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Eaten here a few times and enjoyed each time I've been. This is American diner style food obviously, and it's really well done. Over my visits I've had a variety, burgers, pizzas, steak, Philly cheesesteaks and more and I've always been satisfied. On the latest occasion we tried the strawberry daiquiris which were the nicest daiquiris I've had in a while. There's also a great selection of soft drinks and beers. Desserts seem to be a specialty and we particularly enjoyed the hot cookie with ice cream.

1  Thank Patrick F
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Ordered chicken tenders and chips

The chips were hot but the chicken tenders we're look warm
No one asked after serving if everything ok
Only when I went to pay was I asked I explained the tenders were look warm she apologised nothing taken off bill actually this is the second time this has happened was a urge the first time diners beware .....
Not impressed with this diner need to make sure their food is meeting safety standards by being hot

4  Thank Christine M