“Just the place for a filling meal”
Review of Charley's Cafe

Charley's Cafe
Ranked #80 of 112 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Cuisines: Irish
Description: I suggested this restaurant earlier but did not get a response. It is a friendly, family run business that has fantastic fish and chips. They are fresh chips, not the frozen kind which was a lovely surprise.
Reviewed 30 September 2016

Had lunch here one Saturday. Was greeted as I entered and given a seat. As it was very busy with customers I was asked if I minded someone else sitting at my table. There was a steady flow of customers and some waiting on tables. I ordered fish and chips which was a decent portion and very tasty. The staff member at the till was very pleasant and engaged in conversation with all the customers,

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

Visited several times in the 2 weeks and never had a bad meal. Very friendly staff and food lovely. Very clean and comfortable

Reviewed 21 May 2016

A lovely place to go for your tea. Really spotless and lovely chips. It is a cafe and doesn't try to be anything else. A plain cafe but a very good one.

Reviewed 8 March 2016

I am a manager of a succesfull homemade food take away in the south. Ive ventured to many of the hugely overprice food takeaway establishments in letterkenny and im very disappointed with my trip to charlies. I consider charlies to be a goldmine if it was run better. The menu in the takeaway is short and simple. However, i ordered 2 quarter pounders,(3.60 each). I was watching the staff preparing the order, the staff in question prepared my burgers both with no dressing or salad!, i was confuse!, i didnt ask for 2 plain burgers. So i ask could i have the salad and dressing on the burgers, the staff responded, oh thats extra, 60 cent extra! I was shocked to hear that, its bizzare in fact. In all the takeaways ive been too, this waz the first joint ive visited where they have the cheek to rob you furthermore of your money!! The staff was cocky about it. So i said thats not good enough. You dont deserve my custom if you cant serve your customers with fair and justible menu. Please note, it would also help if you get a bun toaster and not put buns in a microwave. That produces soggy bread.
Ps. Please wear gloves when handling food.

1  Thank Greg G
Reviewed 17 February 2016

We enjoy going to Charley's Cafe for a fish and chip tea. There is a good choice on the menu for anyone who does not like fish. There is also a good children's menu.