“Into the Kitchen for a nice coffee and snack”
Review of The kitchen

The kitchen
Ranked #49 of 112 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Reviewed 16 September 2016

I had to visit the retail park to do some shopping and I felt like a coffee afterwards and something light. So I called over to "the Kitchen" which oddly enough is directly opposite the Costa Coffee unit in the estate. The staff were very nice and friendly and I got a table outside as it was sunny. After so much rain this week it was nice to be able to have my coffee "alfresco".
They had all sorts of nice food lined up for the lunch time crowd but I wasn't hanging around. Burgers seem to be their specialty and they smelt good. The service was prompt and the coffee was nice but the tart was even nicer. I sat for a while and crowd watched. The only danger with the car park big and all as it is was the narrow spaces provided.
From my vantage point I could see people cutting the corner and coming close to other cars in the park. Maybe too close. So if parking neat this excellent restaurant keep well in to the middle and stay away from the edges. The other neat thing about this restaurant is that there are loads of shops nearby. So if one partner decided to shop the other could do coffee. I will be back again.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

Went here for breakfast with my daughter recently. Not good...order was taken by a lovely black girl, but when she left in the order we didn't see her again....I did hear one of the many bald men working there giving out to her and we assumed she was sent to wash dishes or something. Food was not good and my daughter's breakfast was inedible. I ordered a coffee as part of my breakfast deal, and had to re order it and was almost charged double for it. Not a very tuned in sort of crew at all. The chef (he was the only one wearing white) took our money and then we watched to see if he would wash his hands but we didn't see him do so. There was also a strange smell in the place and the decor was very grubby and tables all marked. Thankfully there is a lot of good restaurants in which to have brekkie in Letterkenny!! So we don't need to go back here!

2  Thank gleanndobhar
Reviewed 30 August 2016

My wife and I always eat at this wonderful eatery when we get to Letterkenny without the kids (they want McDonalds/KFC).

We enjoy the food and the value for money and reading the many sayings on the walls.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

Been here a number of times and would have recommended to my friends but had a bad experience last week, ordered a chicken and bacon bagel and on the bottom of the bagel was hard melted cheese and I was unable to cut the bagel, I did tell the waitress and she offered to replace it but I did not have time to re-order, as I had a hospital appointment. When I went to pay for my bagel and tea, the waitress charged me for the bagel and gave me my tea free of charge - there was nothing wrong with the tea. With a big smile she apologised, I did say I was a regular customer. Needless to say I will not be returning.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

We walked in the table beside us was dirty there was a wash cloth we ordered our food it took forever there was only one other customer a couple walked in behind us they didn't get served they sat at a table for over half a hour got up and walked out there is only one toilet for customer and staff when our food can sit was cold and burned my son order a sandwich the chicken was off you could smell it never again will I be in this place