The Bayview(Kilkee)
Nolan's B&B(Kilkee)
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Had a fantastic dinner and breakfast in the restaurant, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was excellent, clean and cosy on a miserable wet day. Can't see what all the complaining is about . Would definitely stay again

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tony H
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Stayed last Friday 08/12/2017. Arrived on a bitterly cold day and was looking forward to getting into a warm room. Unfortunately the heating was not on in the room so we had to turn it on ourselves. It took ages for the room to warm up and we kept on out coats and hats while we were waiting. The Wifi is not open and you have to enter a password. This was not mentioned to us on checking in. When we went downstairs to the bar later we had to ask the girl working there, then we realized it was written on our room key. Even after all of that, the wifi was pathetic. Constantly freezing and not connecting properly. Probably the worst of all the issues we had was there was no hot water. When we told the girl behind the bar (reception closed) she said that we were wrong and that we should have left the water run for 5 minutes and that then it would work. I've never heard anything like it before and I hope I will never hear anything like it again. There was no apology or embarrassment. The customer service only served to make the issue worse. This establishment is not quite Fawlty Towers but it isn't very far off of it.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I fully accept that when you stay in a B&B on the main street of a busy town that noise can be expected, so I asked when we arrived if our room was overlooking the main street. I was informed that the room was at the back of the building which I assumed would be quieter.

I arrived back to our room at approximately 10pm intending on getting an early night. I was horrified to discover that the bedroom was actually overlooking a marquee where live music was being played, which was later followed by a nightclub until at least 2am. There was an extremely powerful sound system pounding out music essentially outside the bedroom window. Clearly no sleep was to be had.

I cannot believe that an establishment would allow guests to pay for rooms with that level of noise outside the window. I understand that this is outside the control of Myles Creek, however, guests should be notified of this so they can make an informed decision as to whether to stay there. Outrageous.

Do not stay here if you intend on getting sleep before 2.30am. However, if you will be out socializing and sleep is not a priority, then it's an ok place to stay. Basic and dated but clean and breakfast was fine.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2017

The hotel itself is basic and very dated, but the staff were friendly enough. The breakfast was ok.

The problem with this place is that it's beside a night club and live music venue. The music was playing until 2am and it was so loud that getting any sleep was impossible.

There are plenty of other reviews on here complaining about this and their response is that they don't play the music and it's outside of their control. This is irrevant as €85 to sleep on a room located practically on top of a nightclub is a total rip off.

Even if you were to pay me €85 to stay in that room I'd probably say no. We're exhausted today and will never stay in this place again.

Room Tip: Go to the nightclub where you can party. There's no point going back to the room to sleep before it's over.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Very friendly lady at reception! I was taken aback with how drab and basic the room was. Very basic, bathroom could have been cleaner. No facilities like a kettle etc. We paid 198 euros for two nights for a twin room and I would have expected a more comfortable room. The whole thing looks tired and just too expensive for what we got. We were told there was internet but we were unsuccessful. Breakfast fine and service pleasant enough.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family