Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$132
  • Beachfront
US$122
US$117
  • Beachfront
Glenview Hotel(Glen Of The Downs)
US$195
US$189
US$162
US$156
US$118
US$97
  • Restaurant
Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin(Killiney)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$115
The Beacon(Sandyford)
US$116
US$105
2,766 results
All reviewssika restaurantthe ritz carltonsugar loaf loungesugarloaf mountainmountain view suitebathroom mirrorbeautiful hotelmcgills pubsugarloaf loungeirish barwalk in wardrobegordon ramsaythe river walkfive star hoteldressing roompure luxuryafternoon tea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First things said - it‘s not a Autograph Collection. It’s named as one, but who are they kidding? I actually love the autograph collection since it’s very individual. But this hotel is only a Ritz which didn‘t want to be called a Ritz anymore. They just changed the name everything else is just a Ritz...

We didn‘t get an upgrade, although I am a platinum member. Basically the lady at the check in counter didn’t even care that I am a platinum member - normally you at least get the sentence: Thank you for your loyalty. At least...

I had a spa treatment, I had to wait 15 min, the serenity room which you are suppose to relax before the treatment was full and my therapist clearly rushed through the massage.
The Spa area itself is nice, but you only get something to drink when you have booked a treatment. It seems without a treatment you are worth nothing. PLUS for some reason they did constructions on the PoolSide! Really loud constructions. The pool closes at 9 pm, plenty of time to use the evening for stud like that.

The ICE Rooms were so disgusting, its so dirty. Don‘t go in there, just order some Ice.

I requested a foam pillow 2 days ago, I am still waiting for it.
Breakfast this morning - order by in room dining was 30 min late - not reduction on that.

You could clearly figure that the hotel is overbooked right now, which is ok, but the staff is not able to deal with that. So if you want to have a good time here don‘t come during busy times - you will regret it! You pay so much money for an average experience.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anousch_AMA
GuestRelationsPC, Guest Recognition Manager at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Obsti_M,

I would firstly like to thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts to our TripAdvisor page.

We are proud to be a part of the Autograph Collection and feel that Powerscourt exudes the unique characteristics, qualities and levels of service that are associated with Autograph properties. In the interest of clarity, our spa is also open to all guests of the hotel, there is a second level of facilities designed for guests to relax before and after treatments.

I am however, very disappointed to read about the issues that you experienced at our property and have already reached out to you directly. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Powerscourt in the near future.

Kind regards,

Brian Nixon,
Guest Recognition Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed in the hotel for 1 night with my partner.
It was a beautiful hotel, check on was seamless very welcoming.
Room was amazing very spacious, very clean. Bed we're very comfortable. Loved the tv as it could be linked to your phone or tablet for Netflix etc.

We ate in Mc Gills bar, the people working there were so friendly. The menu gave us such a choice, I had the steak sandwich and my partner the lamb and both was so tasty. The cocktails were amazing !! Great atmosphere.

We rang for the turn down service that was offered, we ordered it, but it didn't happen.

The room was slightly cool, we rang down to reception to get advice on how to turn of the aircon. They said there is a panel near the door or at bedside separate to the thermostat to turn it off, there wasn't, so we just pressed enough buttons that it turned off at the thermostat but unfortunately came back on overnight again.

Went to the pool, being school holidays it was full of kids, however the hotel has designated times for kids, a brilliant idea. Went down to the pool in the morning after the kids time, and it appeared some sort of maintence was going on and some sort of banging or something from the man carrying out the work, not relaxing therefore, not sure why it couldn't have went on during closed times?
The Changing facilities were next to none, very nice plenty of space and loved the showers.

Breakfast was madness, although the hotel had signs up saying the busy times to highlight this to the guests, we did not receive a good service here, when we were sat to our seat, the man just walked away, we had to figure out where to even go for the food ourselves as it was not visible, then we had to call someone over to get tea and coffees and then again to order of the breakfast menu, toast was cold when it arrived. We had no big spoons on our table (all the other tables around had them obviously a mistake) my partner had to go around the restaurant looking for spoons as he couldn't get anyone's attention. The food was amazing however, loved the choices.

We feel we would not give this hotel 5 stars as a whole the experience did not keep to the level a 5 star hotel, as a whole would adhere to.

I read other reviews here, which are mainly positive and I am so upset that we had such a negative experience. We enjoy having regular hotel breaks as a couple, and every other break We have been on around Ireland be it 3, 4 or 5 stars has been amazing.
We spent €330 on our room and breakfast. We feel it was not worth even half of that.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cmacc123
GuestRelationsPC, Guest Relations at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear cmacc123

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Powerscourt Hotel Resort & Spa. We appreciate all constructive feedback and see it as an opportunity to continually improve our product and service. I am glad that you did enjoy some aspects of the hotel however I am disappointed to read that your experience was not entirely positive. Please be assured that all of your comments will be passed on to our senior management team for further investigation and consideration. We work very hard to provide a 5 star experience to all of our guests and it is very important to us to succeed in doing so.

I do hope that this experience will not deter you from returning to us and if you do make a booking with us again please contact our Guest Relations Manager Brian Nixon at brian.nixon@powerscourthotel.com directly and he will be delighted to personally oversee the details of your stay.

Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed in this hotel to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. The 1 bedroom suite was very spacious, clean and the bed was comfortable. Staff were very attentive. We had the best ESPA treatment ever ( Powerscourt signature ritual)! Special mention to Sabrina. Their ESPA treatment is second to none. Beautiful scenery overlooking the sugarloaf mountain. I can't wait to go back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Victoria S

Dear Victoria S

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Powerscourt Hotel Resort & Spa. It is wonderful to hear that you had such a positive experience. I will let the team in the Spa and Sabrina in particular know how much you enjoyed the treatment you had. They will be delighted with your glowing review! We are very lucky too with our stunning location and I am glad you liked the view.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you back at Powerscourt in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My Girlfriend Surprised me to a stay in the Powerscourt Hotel in Co. Wicklow. We arrived to a warm welcome at reception. Roisin and Chris were there, they explained all our dining options on the night, he suggested the Sika restaurant but as we had just came from lunch we decided to have a light meal in McGill’s bar where again we met Chris and another manager Michael. They had us convinced they were brothers in there words the chuckle brothers! They where amazing. They found out that it was my birthday and arranged a birthday dessert for me. Reception informed us on our arrival that we had been giving an upgrade on account of it being my birthday. What a treat! The room was fantastic, the TV in the bathroom was a great touch!! The next morning we had breakfast in the lobby where we were welcomed by Michael who we met the night before. He took great care of us and arranged a late check out as we wanted to use the spa facilities before we left. Sally in the lobby was so helpful she could not do enough for us.
The spa is one of the best I have been to. My girlfriend has not stoped talking about it and is recommending it to all her family and friends.
Thank you Powerscourt for making it a birthday to remember and to the “Chuckle brothers” again thank you!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clouisc

Dear clouisc

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at Powerscourt Hotel Resort & Spa. I am delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience and particularly as it was a special occasion for you. Thank you too for your kind compliments on the staff, I will make sure they are passed on to all the team but especially to Roisin, Chris, Michael and Sally. It is always lovely to hear that the efforts of the team have been recognised by our guests.

Thank you again for providing your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Powerscourt for your next celebration!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Came here for afternoon tea on a Saturday. My wife and I shared the tea at €39 plus €4.95 for extra place setting. The tea had four small sandwiches which were fine. There were also 2 scones with cream and jam. These were delicious. There was also a pannacotta. However no spoon was supplied with this so we used a teaspoon. There was also a small raspberry tartlet.We asked for decaf tea and we were supplied with a teapot full of hot water and one pyramidal teabag each. No extra container was supplied for the used teabag so we had to put them on our saucers. My wife likes strong tea while I like weak tea so we like to make our own and not put both teabags in the teapot. Service was excellent. Staff were very helpful, attentive, efficient and friendly. The views were spectacular. A very enjoyable experience we hope to go again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JonathanIreland

Dear JonathanIreland

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to Powerscourt Hotel Resort and Spa for Afternoon Tea. I am very glad to read that you enjoyed the experience so much. Thank you too for your kind compliments on our service and staff. I will make sure that they are passed on to the team as they are always delighted to have their efforts acknowledged. I will also pass on your comments on your experience to our Food and Beverage Manager so that we can use your feedback to continually improve our product. Thank you for sharing them with us.
Afternoon Tea at Powerscourt is very popular and the stunning view from the Sugar Loaf Lounge really tops it off!

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.